Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live Install Instructions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live Install Instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live Install Instructions Reply with quote

Please find the CoPilot Live Install Instructions for the Safety Camera Database below.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-copilot.php
Rattle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some detailed instructions there, Dave! Thumbs Up Except I don't quite agree that its a virtual re-install of CoPilot, its only a reload of map data - only a hundred megs or so :D
Anyway, tried it yesterday, and of course I thought I was smarter than that Mr. Green and decided to import Austrian speed cameras into category Travel&Transportation/Speed cameras. After all, it is selectable, so me thinks why not, and if not why not? Well, all was fine (POIs loaded ok and maps transferred to PocketPC ok, too). But when I started CoPilot, the map window was totally blank and not repainting in any mode (if I pressed and held the stylus, the red circle remained there after I released it). In Menu Live/POI there were no POI categories. After a soft reset, the maps reappeared but without POIs, and still no categories. That was w/o GPS signal. When I tried it outdoors, it waited for the GPS to get a fix with the standard "determining current position", but as soon as the GPS got a fix, the "clock" thing appeared in the middle of the screen and remained there forever, didn't stop. No current position, no routing.
Re-installing the maps didn't help. Only thing that cured it was removing all speed cameras from category Travel&Transportation, importing them into Custom/Custom and re-downloading the maps then. Now its back to normal, all speed cameras accounted for.

So I guess that explains why the Custom/Custom really HAS to be selected (I really hope that only for now)

Cheers,
Eriks
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriks, how big is the program part compared to the map data ? :P

I agree with the problem you experienced, there are a lot of bugs centered around the POI import, and this was something we have experienced, the amount of times I have been left with a blank map screen (no roads).

Importing them into Custom does work well, there will be more custom options available in the next release of CoPilot.
johnny_bike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
It would be good if the instructions could be updated to show that they also cover CP5 (that point especially applies to the SC database page which shows which versions are supported.

Secondly This would be an ideal place to show how you manage with the 3 excel files rather than one that the SC databse has been split into

Finally, I rang ALK to ask about the wherebaout of a latest Speed camera POI and they pointed me in the direction of this site.
There POI listing does not have cameras on that have been in place for more than 2 years (Newbury and the A43 by Silverstone)

I am currently wading through the abovce instructions hand have removed my custom POIs and now need to work out what to do with the 3 files. I am sure I have seen it documented elsewhere on this siste but it could be in one of about 5 forums!

Not knocking, just constructive criticism

John

John
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody could change it so the day consists of 48 hours I might be able to accomplish it Laughing
ColinG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot Live Install Instructions Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Please find the CoPilot Live Install Instructions for the Safety Camera Database below.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-copilot.php

I've just downloaded the December 2004 database but unlike previous versions this does not include the file "pocketgps_uk_sc.xls". I've tried using the pocket gps uk gatso.xls file but when you alter the Latitude & Longitude Columns as previous instructions it comes up with an error - "Latitude " is not a valid floating point value.

Is this an omission or have I misunderstood the instructions. I've deleted the December 2004 file and reverted back to the older November 2004 file which works just fine albeit only 3241 as opposed to 3559 Gatso details.

Advises would be appreciated please.

Ipaq 4150
CoPilot 4 Bluetooth
512MB SD
Siedio Power Mount
johnbarnes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin,

Looks like you need to check "Column headings in first row"?

Hope this helps,
John B
ColinG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Column Headings Reply with quote

johnbarnes wrote:
Colin,

Looks like you need to check "Column headings in first row"?

Hope this helps,
John B

John,

Thanks for that. I tried again and whilsy looking at what you said, whilst I still had problem, I decided to check the box in the Screen Shot 8 where it says "Column Headings in First Row". I don't normally do this but I gave it a try and it now works - so thanks for that.

Kind Regards

Colin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: