Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Reviewed: NextBase 412GW Dash Cam
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviewed: NextBase 412GW Dash Cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reviewed: NextBase 412GW Dash Cam Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com

Nextbase are possibly the biggest name in dashcams at the moment with a number of PocketGPSWorld.com users having them installed and I also see many references to them in Facebook community groups when people are looking for dashcams. So for this review we got our hands their current 412GW model to give our opinion on this GPS-enabled dashcam.

Click here to read the full review...
email icon
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you blurred number-plates in the video? If so, worth mentioning because otherwise it seems to show very few of them when you'd expect it. Nice kit though.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a Nextbase 412 before I changed to the Nextbase 380.

Reading number plates of overtaking vehicles is not an issue with the quadHD lens either at 1440@30fps or 1080@60fps but you do often have to freeze frame for cars approaching, especially at higher closing speeds. Only to be expected I suppose.

The 3M mount does provide a firmer fixing. The suction mount can only be used on smooth areas of the windscreen. Mine has a plethora of those black dots across the top so the 3M pad was almost compulsory.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
The 3M mount does provide a firmer fixing. The suction mount can only be used on smooth areas of the windscreen. Mine has a plethora of those black dots across the top so the 3M pad was almost compulsory.

My 2013 Focus has the black dots but they seem to be inside the glass - ergo the suction cup was a good fit - never came off or needed adjusting in the 6+ weeks it was in use. If it was a keeper and not one that needed returning then I'd have used the 3M pad.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Have you blurred number-plates in the video? If so, worth mentioning because otherwise it seems to show very few of them when you'd expect it. Nice kit though.

They have not been blurred out BUT this is also not the raw footage. This was edited in Premiere Pro and exported as a 4K video then uploaded to YouTube.

Exporting as 4K will have affected it slightly (it is higher resolution than HD so I didn't want to reduce the quality by exporting in HD so I exported as 4K which means the video will be affected slightly. Also worth remembering that YouTube will compress the video too for streaming.

There are times, as will all dashcams, that the number plates can be hard to read - especially when headlights or sunlight is reflecting on them.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a heated front windscreen that can make some detail look a bit blurry - particularly in low light conditions.

A good example of the clarity of registrations is from 2m50 in the YouTube video.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: