Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jaguar XF
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar XF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my1690
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graeme, you are not the first person to tell me about Audible Alerts not working, and I know it is a pain, you need to go through the process again, with particular emphasis on this part

====================================
Touch the Camera File you want to Edit (Example, Gatso-Mobile-Pmobile-Red Light-Specs)

This will bring up a Menu to allow you to change the sound and Switch the Sound and Show on Map On or Off

NB it is recommended that you Switch both Sound and Shown on the Map to On

=======================================

also make sure part 5 of this guide is noted

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-jaguar-xf.php

good luck, and please let us know if you get camera sounds working, it does work, but sadly they don't make this stuff easy :-)
graemex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi my1690,

Many thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I tried deleting and reinstalling the cameras, followed by editing the sounds/maps to on several times now. Does anyone have a Jaguar XF with the alerts running? If they have I would really like to know what the have done differently to install them as I suspect the sound files are the wrong format and therefore won't play?

Graeme
Bigkat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone please tell me is it possible to install voice alerts instead of those dreaded chimes on the Jaguar xf operating system
te104
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When mentioning jaguar xf 2013 is this the year of the car or the sat nav update? I have been trying to upload Speed Camera POI's to my 2008 model that has the most recent updates, without success.
philmclear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried to do this on my upgrade version 2012 XF Portfolio but without success. It doesn't have the option for My POI. Apparently it is possible for the dealer to upgrade the SatNav from MY12 to MY13 but some don't know this. Apparently it is done at the same time as quickening the reversing camera startup.
iains
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help anyone else loading the files. I have found that they seem to have updated the system slightly between a MY2013 (loan car) and a MY2014 XF that I have.

On the older models the alerts would as stated only sound after you initially selected Navigation. On the newer models the alerts are permanently active, i.e. without selecting Navigation from start-up.

The other thing I have found is the loading of the files successfully is dependant on the type of USB drive used. Newer drivers greater than 4GB are hit and miss. They are not reliable as the car does not like anything not formatted to FAT32 even if a larger drive is reformatted. For Music this causes no problem, but on data it just seems to give up

For loading the files, my advice is use an old 1GB drive. I have also been using the files consolidated by type and selecting Sound Icon 2. The next thing I want to find is a better sound than the pre-loaded ones!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon. Are you also registered here as 'sjd'?
sjdxf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Simon. Are you also registered here as 'sjd'?

Yes, accidentally - I can only blame my failing memory as I approach the big 5 0 Laughing Out Loud.

sjdxf is my preferred profile, sorry about that Very Happy

Have asked for the other account to be deleted to avoid confusion.
mosaic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: speed camera warning distance (jaguar xf 2013) Reply with quote

hello, a newbie here.
i have downloaded the POI with speed camera locations into my jaguar xf and all seems ok when did.

the biggest problem now is the distance to speed camera is very bad that you are almost onto the camera before it sounds any alarm. luckily i have only used it to places i know where the cameras are and its been ok, other than that is seems kinda ok for now.

also is there any way of changing the sound to a voice alert too?.

many thanks people
my1690
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was a problem for me as well, hardly any warning for most of the camera locations and it would be nice if proper voice alerts could be used instead of soppy chimes, it is an area that needs desperately improving IMHO

it was in fact the biggest factor/reason why I purchased a second Speed Camera device - a cheap Snooper Sapphire Plus for £60 on special offer

what I do love on the Denso sat nav are the poi's for petrol garages, and how they kick in when you have insufficient fuel to get to your destination, it has saved my bacon a few times now :-)
mosaic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: distance to speed camera Reply with quote

hello again
i was wondering if any has found a solution to the distance to speed camera situation
jerrysirley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: speed cameras for 2013 XFS Reply with quote

I tried to follow all the instructions and when trying to load to my Jag got to ADD and then got "No supporting files" when it tried to read my usb?
ALLANF52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine also showing " no supporting files" did you solve it please?
RobBirds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I installed the camera POI's this weekend in my 2015 XF and they have instlled fine by following the instructions on here.

As mentioned above by others the alerts sound very close to the actual camera, not really giving enough time to slow down (if necessary Embarassed )

Also, i only get three options for the sound alerts, which are just annoying boings.

I have tried downloading and installing the different packs for "voice packs required" and "no voice packs required" but there is still just the annoying standard alert sounds.

One thing I did notice was that no matter which options are selected when downloading from here, the file sizes are exactly the same, surely if the voice alerts are downloaded the file size must be much larger? is this possibly an error with the download package?
Trundlebug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: No Supporting Files Reply with quote

Hi I've just acquired a late 2013 XJ and have tried unsuccessfully to install the speed camera POI's.

As the previous two posters have also reported, I get as far as "Add" and it can see the name of the USB ( a cleared 2GB stick with no other files on it, formatted to FAT32 as instructed with the cameras downloaded in groups) but then says "No Supporting File".

I did choose "other - GPX" format when downloading, and have followed all instructions to the letter. Why won't it work?

I did wonder whether to include the pmobile files, and didn't untick this pre-ticked option when downloading, does this matter?

I'm driving to Germany this week and need to know quickly! HELP!

Many thanks in advance.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: