Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baffled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Help!!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

Totally new to all this & totally baffled to all this new technology.

I have recently bought the TTG from Dixons. It came with a 32mb card... I have read that UK TTG comes with 128gb?

Also I want to download the POI, Speed Cameras etc.... What do I need? a larger card? how large? how do I download? etc etc...Is there an idots guide?

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ps.
1.My TTG can take up to 10 mins to find a GPS signal...is this normal?
2.My street which has been one way for over 4 years still comes up as a normal street.... can this be wrong or can I get an updated version?
3. What is the best way to get the best out of TTG?

Cheers
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Help!!! Reply with quote

Baffled wrote:
I have recently bought the TTG from Dixons. It came with a 32mb card... I have read that UK TTG comes with 128gb?

Also I want to download the POI, Speed Cameras etc.... What do I need? a larger card? how large? how do I download? etc etc...Is there an idots guide?

Firstly the 32Mb is the internal memory and the SD card with UK mapping is 128Mb.

If you delete unwanted voices from the TTG (using your CD and following the instructions) you should be able to get most, if not all, of the Safety Cams on. Theres not a lot of room left! A 256Mb card will give plenty of room to add more POI's in the future, if you only want to use UK mapping.

Goto to this page to get instructions, etc. http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-poi-alerts.php.

Baffled wrote:

Ps.
1.My TTG can take up to 10 mins to find a GPS signal...is this normal?
2.My street which has been one way for over 4 years still comes up as a normal street.... can this be wrong or can I get an updated version?
3. What is the best way to get the best out of TTG?

1. Sometimes it takes a long time. A lot depends on the area, the position in the car, etc. Everybody seems to agree an external aerial helps greatly.

2. There are a lot of anomalies in the mapping at present, and a lot have been reported back to TeleAtlas. 4 years is not unheard of. An update of mapping is rumoured for after March! (That's 2005)

3. Use it often, get used to it - especially it's sometimes strange way of doing things, but remember you're the one in charge of the vehicle. Don't be afraid to experiment with it, it can be quite forgiving. Never be afraid to ask. (Here that is)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
boris
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm new too, but welcome to TTG! I have found that if you search through the forum postings, you will find most answers, and any that you can't find are VERY quickly answered by the site moderators and other experienced TTG users. There are some great people on this site. Oldboy saved me loads of hassle last week when I upgraded to a Kingston 512Mb card. By following his advice I went from thinking I needed a read/writter and formatting the card to just simply plugging in the new card and getting on with it. I bought a Kingston 512Mb card from www.dabs.com for under £28 which seemed good to me - the 256Mb card wasn't much cheaper. (Many people have posted the Kingston card works well and it did for me).

After the speed cameras, another POI that is worth it's weight in gold is the full postcode search - again available from these guys.

Hope you get on well and enjoy TTG! Laughing
Boris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: