Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Activating voice commands when cameras come into range...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Activating voice commands when cameras come into range...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doramusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Activating voice commands when cameras come into range... Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Tom Tom Go and have downloaded and updated the latest version of the firmware. I also have the fantastic CD from Pocket GPS World with all the additional POI including the speed cameras of course.

All of this works perfectly... except that I cannot seem to activate the audio alerts for when a speed camera comes into range.

Can anybody help me out with this please - probably very simple I know - but I'm a newby at this, and need a bit of help.

Many thanks Embarassed
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to go to Change Preferences/Maintain POI/Warn when near POI.

You then need to select each individual category of camera POI and associate a specific sound with it. It's also safest NOT to check the box which says "Warn only if POI is on route?"

Roger
doramusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Activating camera sounds... more... Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the very quick reply. I have done what you advised already and it does work with regard to the specific sounds on the TTG - i.e. boing, bell, cuckoo etc.

What I wanted to really activate are the .wav files that come on the CD that say 'camera in 100 yards', 'camera in 20 yards' etc... are you aware of these? Where/which folder are they supposed to go into as they do not appear as options in my 'select a warning sound' list.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle

Rob (doramusic)
Ugly-Kid-Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, You can't use those file with tom tom go as its cannot read wav files. There for use with other tom tom or similar navigation products that use pocket pc operating system.
Hope this helps.
Looking forward to the next firmware update :D

Ross
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, the wave files are intended for other devices and DO NOT work with TTG.

HOWEVER, there is now a replacement DATA.CHK file available which replaces the bells and bleeps with spoken commands like "Gatso", "Redlight" etc. This DOES work with TTG. Are you aware of it?

Roger
doramusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: more sounds... Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

Thanks again for the information... that would clarify the situation.

I wasn't aware of the additional sounds such as 'gatso', no. Can you tell me where I can get these as I would prefer this to a cow or a cuckoo!!

Cheers

Rob
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Announcement thread entitled "Spoken POI Alerts" at the top of this forum.

Cheers,
Roger
doramusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Got it sorted now!! Reply with quote

Hi Roger and all others who posted replies to me...

Have downloaded the changed sound files and activated them... I just popped out down the road five miles to my nearest speed camera (lucky me huh? Not that many speed cameras in Lincolnshire despite us having the most deaths on our roads each year!!), and it worked perfectly "Gatso 60"!! - fantastic

Cheers for that

Rob

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: