Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTG Switzerland?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTG Switzerland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjedj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: TTG Switzerland? Reply with quote

Hi All

I have just started using TTG in the UK and love it...however am due to be spending a large amount of time in and around Zurich in the next few months.

I currently have the major roads of Europe on CD however was wondering how thorough this is, and if it will give me the same level of detail as I get with the UK map? If not, is there anywhere I can get a Swiss / Zurich specific map?

Thanks Smile
charlesn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your best course would be to buy Roads of Western Europe, which is a set of 16 European countries including Switzerland. They provide the same detail as the UK map (in fact the UK map is one of the 16).

The set sells in various places for anything from EUR 90 to EUR 189. That is much cheaper than paying EUR 149 for one of the individual countries (which I think is the price at the TomTom website - although I must admit having difficulty finding my way around that site so I haven't been able to check).
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used major roads of W Europe... TTG over here comes with the all the individual country maps. Map quality on the whole is excellent over here, though I haven't tried it out in downtown Zurich yet (take the train, it's much easier!!)

Speed cam overlays are also available, but not free of charge I'm afraid... Crying or Very sad
cjedj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice folks, that's really useful :D

What's the cheapest place anyone has found the Roads of Western Europe?

Thanks again Smile
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For downtown Zurich you will probably need the detail maps.

But have a play with the Major Roads of Europe map. There are a lot more places stored in the database than appear on the screen when you use "Browse map". It may be enough for your purposes. I have been able to find a route to quite obscure villages in Europe using MRE (I will be going there to see if it actually works "on site" next month!!), but the map shows the route ending on a road in the middle of nowhere.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: