Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Macintosh and TomTom Go
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Macintosh and TomTom Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmingay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Macintosh and TomTom Go Reply with quote

I've read about people successfully using a Mac to browse the SD installed on their TomTom Go, but when I've tried it, it seems not to work properly - the "No Name" folder is displayed on one view only, not on the desktop, and therefore can't be clicked!

Can anyone help?

I use a 17" G4 Powerbook

D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my TTG with a Mac.

It works OK for adding Points of Interest by drag and drop.

If you plug TTG into a USB port and switch TTG on it should come up as and additional drive on the desktop. On mine it's called "No Name". I double click and you can see the contents. I'm using MacOSX 10.3.8 and it's fine.

I'm not sure where you are seeing your "No Name" folder. Which view??

I have also tried the TamTam software that is supposed to allow a Mac to do installations of software upgrades, but I can't get that to work yet.
AshleyHinton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: TTG with Mac Reply with quote

I also use a TTG with Mac's.
All three machines are running 10.3.7 (not had chance to update to 10.3.8 yet)

TTG SD card mounts on desktop all OK as "no name"
Appears to be MS-DOS formatted.

Drag and drop works for stuff like the Ov2 POI files (eg: the revenue/speed camera database)

Have also tried TamTam, but can't seem to get it to work either - I'm not sure it actually does anything when you click the various buttons?

I also backed up the entire SD card by simply making a new folder on the desktop and dragging the entire contents of the card to the newly created folder. Have not had reason to try a restore yet, though.

Regards,

Ashley
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, forgot to say I have a complete backup (drag and drop again) on my hard disc. I've done a restore as well and that worked fine to, no activation needed.

Full copy of the TTG takes about 8 minutes via USB.
dmingay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: TTG with Mac Reply with quote

Thanks people - I see what I was doing wrong now.

It works only if you plug the unit in to the Mac BEFORE turning it on!

It still displays two folders/disks saying "no name", but apart from that, it works perfectly.

Thanks again

David[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: