Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map prob - anyone help pls?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map prob - anyone help pls?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dw222
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Map prob - anyone help pls? Reply with quote

Hi

Got a brand new TTG. Live in Stroud, Glos. My unit is telling me my GPS position is Stroud HAMPSHIRE if I choose Slad Rd or Lansdown Rd (there is a tiny Stroud in Hants). I'm a bit fresh with this, so don't know how any of you can help, as my weak understanding so far seems to be that you need to be there to get the GPS reading (? - don't worry if I'm wrong on that - I'll learn eventually!).
Not too worried, but just don't like seeing it, and as it is brand new, wonder how big a prob I have, and whether I should act on it.

Have mailed TomTom.com, but they take rather a long time to come back, and after 4 days just said 'upgrade to 4.42', which, though doubtless a sensible enough suggestion, was of little help as I already have 4.42 (but didn't mention this in my mail to them). 'Updated' my question to them 3 days ago, still waiting - hey ho.

Sorry to cut a short story long. Hope someone can help.

Cheers

DW
Sniff
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this right...you're actually in Stroud Gloucester, but your GO is telling you that you're in Stroud Hampshire? That's definitely a problem!

Or do you mean you're looking for a particular street in Stroud Gloucester and it keeps finding ones in Stroud Hampshire?
dw222
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Sniff,

I live on Lansdown Road in Stroud, Glos, and when I press the GPS button it tells me 'Lansdown Rd, Stroud, Hampshire'

DW
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dw222 wrote:
No Sniff,

I live on Lansdown Road in Stroud, Glos, and when I press the GPS button it tells me 'Lansdown Rd, Stroud, Hampshire'

DW

I don't understand that!

When I tell mine to navigate to Stroud, it give me a choice of Glos or Hants. When I select Glos it asks me for street. When I put in Lansdown (and scroll down to Lansdown Road 'cos there's a Lansdown Cres or something too) and select Anywhere, it does a route and displays at the top of the sccreen:
Lansdown Road GL5 1, Stroud (Gloucestershire)

What map version have you got?

Roger
dw222
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger

I have GB Map v390.

Took a small pic of screen to show, but can't work out how to include it in a message.

If I try to navigate home from anywhere else, it is as per yours, i.e. Lansdown, Stroud, Glos - it's just when I'm here that the GPS position comes up as Hants.

Cheers

DW

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: