Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - External Aerial - Fault
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

External Aerial - Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: External Aerial - Fault Reply with quote

I have been using the external aerial for about 2 months now and yesterday it packed up. The GO works out of the car without the aerial connected but put in the car (I have an Renult so have to have an aerial) and the unit will no longer receive signals.

When I looked at the aerial the bottom plate, which is just a thin plastic sticker has partly come away and it looks as if moisture has built up inside the unit.

Has anyone else had problems - and apart from taking it off all the time are they any solutions ? Has anyone tried mounting it inside on the black dotted area around the rear view mirror ? If so does it work ?

Thanks
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as though it could be a faulty antenna.,and it should be waterproof.

I've had mine on the roof even through the frost,snow, rain, everything it's thrown at us., and it's still going strong.

If it's still under warranty, ring the company where you purchased it.
pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingernut777 wrote:
Sounds as though it could be a faulty antenna.,and it should be waterproof.

I've had mine on the roof even through the frost,snow, rain, everything it's thrown at us., and it's still going strong.

If it's still under warranty, ring the company where you purchased it.

Thanks for reply, company I bought it from were useless - they said they had no stock for several weeks so could not do anything. I emailed TomTom and within the hour they sent me details of how to return to them. Monday at 9am I phoned DHL to arrange collection, by 10am DHL had arrived and collected it. So-far so good !
pilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well an update for you all - TomTom despatched a new aerial to me on Friday 14th and it arrived on Monday 17th.

This time I decided to mount it inside the car - attached it to the black dotted area around the rear view mirror - and it works great - 9 - 10 satellites everytime. Used it over the last couple of days on the motorway and in built up areas and it never lost the signal once.

Hats off to TomTom for an excellent service to the customer 5*

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: