Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavehwT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Speed camera alerts Reply with quote

Hello again,
I drove around Bournemouth area today and the Safety camera POI worked fine except on some cameras it would show the camera symbol but not give an alert. I checked the settings on the TTG and all camera types are selected and have alert sound attached to them.
Any thoughts
Many thanks.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Davehwt,

I use Navigon software along with POI-Warner, and you can set first and second warning alerts, but I find that if I set the first alert to say 30 seconds and another camera is shown on the nav screen then it will not give an alert for the second camera !

Not sure how your setup works, but my own personal settings are first alert at 18 seconds and second alert at 8 seconds, since using them I have always got all of the alerts.

Regards,

PocketGps

[b]Happy New Year
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davehwt,

You will prpbably find that when you check your settings you have "warn if camera on route" set. Some of the positions of the cameras are recorded a short distance from the road and are deemed not to be on route, others are marked as being on the other side of a dual carraigeway and again not on route.

If you uncheck this you will probably get the warnings.
tomtombmth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Alert Reply with quote

I am in Bournemouth also. I do not get any sound alerts for cameras even though i have set it all up. It shows me the cameras but no noises. I have set it to warn me with the bugle sound.

Anyone have any ideas?
tomtombmth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera Alert Reply with quote

tomtombmth wrote:
I am in Bournemouth also. I do not get any sound alerts for cameras even though i have set it all up. It shows me the cameras but no noises. I have set it to warn me with the bugle sound.

Anyone have any ideas?

Its ok now. 5 Mins after I realise what I had not done. Silly old me did not set the sound warnings for every type of camera. Hopefully all sorted now.
DavehwT
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PocketGps,

I did have on route selected and will try without that selected and let you know. Smile
Stormin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Camera warning Reply with quote

Embarassed Santa finally bought me my TT go, It works great, ive bought another sd card so not to up the orginal, have loaded maps etc and latest 4.42, have copied and pasted POi's namely camera's on card. Maps work fine but i dont get any sign or sound re warning of camera, Ive enabled POi's. Please help this computer dinosaur
tomtombmth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have but just making sure check the following.

1) Under change preferences make sure youve got show POI's on.

2) Have you set warning sounds for each of the type of cameras? If not go into Warn when near POI, which is under maintain POI. Then select the cameras you want warning for and select what sound youd like.

Hope this helps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: