Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feenix
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

Hi,
first of all let me say thanks for the service you provide here.
Now in to the question, I have updated the data-base to the october update, but now the Redlight cameras in my area seem to have changed to speed cameras, there seems to be a lot more inaccurate information in the newer update, not a huge problem as I only really use the database to warn me to check my speed and driving anyway, but is this a problem you are aware of under the new update or is it just in the Manchester area?
Feenix
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's mistakes, please send details to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com so that the database can be updated accordingly.

David
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera Database Reply with quote

feenix wrote:
Hi,
first of all let me say thanks for the service you provide here.
Now in to the question, I have updated the data-base to the october update, but now the Redlight cameras in my area seem to have changed to speed cameras, there seems to be a lot more inaccurate information in the newer update, not a huge problem as I only really use the database to warn me to check my speed and driving anyway, but is this a problem you are aware of under the new update or is it just in the Manchester area?
Feenix

As David has said, please send in the corrections. As we used not to have a separate Red-light file all of the movements are from the Gatso file to the Redlight file. However, if someone sends in a red-light camera as a new gatso then it is very difficult to do anything but accept it.

In the end the accuracy of the database is up to you the "reporters". I do some checks against official databases, but these are not always up-to-date.

Richard
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way of getting false positions deleted?

For instance there are still cameras on the list on the A1 near Peterborough where there were camaeras in the long term roadworks, but the works are complete and the cameras have gone.

Similarly the database bongs at every gantry on the M25. Very few have cameras in them, although all have the white stripes on the road.

What's the best way of recording positions on fast roads as you pass? I don't fancy parking on the A1 or M25 Rolling Eyes
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know on the Go, though many of the Pocket PC add-ons have the facility to press a button to record a POI.

If there's cameras that are now removed, please email details as I said previously - if you can give the comment attached to the camera which contains a number, that will help Richard to ensure that he's deleting the right camera.

David
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recording a POI on the fly is only possible with the "Memorize position" function - not very useful since you still need to remember what it was you recorded. You can take your camera and make a picture of the street ahead of you and include the GO screen... Confused

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
feenix
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know on all the differences I spot as I manage to update them.
Cheers
Feenix

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: