Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - delete a safety camera icon ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

delete a safety camera icon ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypnos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: delete a safety camera icon ?? Reply with quote

hi, this is all a bit much for the older generation.. Crying or Very sad but in my effort to try and suss out how to enter bits into my TTG, i seem to have landed up with a couple of speed cameras outside my door, how can i get rid of them.....thanks........in easy terms .......please.......
Lomaxter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: delete a safety camera icon ?? Reply with quote

Easy m8

As they are right outside your door, change preferences, arrow icon once, maintain poi, delete poi. Then click on the group you have entered them in (pocketgps uk gatso I presume). It will list the nearest gatsos to you starting with the closest. Click on the one you want rid and delete. If you do not know what name you have attributed to these "phantom" cameras go to browse map and tap on the gatso symbol. The poi name will be displayed.
This is how I have been getting rid of "phantom" cameras, I have had ttg for 4 days and already found 3 of em! 8O
hypnos
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that bruv, i was beginning to think it could not be done seeing as how many had read the post...you have sorted it, nice one.
Lomaxter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: delete a safety camera icon ?? Reply with quote

No problem

First couple of days i couldnt work out what I was doing but suddenly you realise how easy ttg is to set up etc. I have just entered my favourite pub chains branches (140) and attributed my own icon to it although a bit blurry and bodged! Also I have been reporting phantom cameras and new cameras with cameras@pocketgpsworld.com adding and removing them myself as I go along. Try this forum http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?code=TOMTOMGO it has some idiotproof guides for ttg issues. Not that i am saying you are an idiot of course Wink I found it just as useful as this forum
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking personally, I think it's to everyone's benefit if people link to other sources of information. I don't see Pocket GPS World as in competition with other forums - sometimes there's useful material on sites run by various vendors, or on other sites like Pocket PC Club and Gpspassion.

Please continue to report errors in the camera database to the cameras email address - Richard will be glad to receive them. If possible, please report speed limits for cameras - whilst I'm not sure the Go can use the data, other systems can issue speed warnings if cameras are grouped into speed specific POI files. It's a long standing aim to issue the speed camera database with speed data included, but as we only have speeds for a small fraction of the cameras, it's not currently worthwhile.

As a final tip, you can make your links look even nicer if you use the format [url=http://whatever.invalid]this page[/url] - though that's entirely a personal thing.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: