Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTG - With new Memory Card Can you start from scratch?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTG - With new Memory Card Can you start from scratch?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoyo36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: TTG - With new Memory Card Can you start from scratch? Reply with quote

Morning all,

Some of you will have read the shennanigans that I encountered yesterday when trying to upgrade the TTG.

If the card is corrupt and I get another one, can I start again?? I'm thinking of a 256Mb card so that I have space for POI's.

Naturally, I have the CD that comes with the package.

Cheers
James
avi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,
You can always install the software on a new card. Regarding the capacity of the card I am using 512 MB and a friend of mine is using 1G card. Regarding your defect card, in case this is card is Tomtom's then you need to send back and you will get a new one.
Regards
Avi
yoyo36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Avi!

You must think I am a bit crazy with all these questions, but I am trying to help a mate and thought I had messed up!!

I use a Ipaq 2210 with TT3, and I was worried that the things I can do on mine, you can't do on a TTG.

You've re-assured me that the problem lies with the SD card and not anything I have done!!

Cheers
James
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need a larger SD card to run the POIs - unless you want every POI known to man installed!

The trick lots of people miss is that you should delete most of the voices from the SD card - I deleted all but the 2 UK voices and There is still bags of room on my standard 128Mb SD card even with the speed camera POI plus a few others loaded.

Listening to Olga in Finnish or Swedish or whatever is fascinating once - then totally useless; so ditch all those exotic voices and create all the space you need. Why spend when you don't need to?
Gatso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a point of intrest when I upgraded to a 256 SD I used two card readers and just copy and paste form the 128 to the 256 but that was just my way
spacerunner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a 256 card, with only UK's Jane to keep me company. I have many POI's installed...and the Europe map. Checking the cards' properties shows that I still have more than 25% free space.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: