Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert for Android - UPDATES
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert for Android - UPDATES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert for Android - UPDATES Reply with quote

I know you have all been very (im)patient over the last few years but I am pleased to announce that the contract has been signed with a developer to get the Android version of CamerAlert up to date and working on newer devices.

The plan, however, will mean that Android 8 is the minimum version that will be needed to run. There will be no new features initially as the focus is to get it working on newer devices.

Members with older phones will still be able to use the current version (which still works for you anyway).

More details will be announced soon but due to the nature of the project (i.e. HUGE) I am unable to give any timescales for the project.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... A few updates:

Current App

After being granted an extension to August for 'policy updates' with Google the app has now been removed from the Play Store for not meeting current policy... In particular the app does not give a 'prominent warning' about location use and why it is needed.

Existing installations will continue to work but you will no longer be able to download the app from the Play Store. If you have an older phone (Android 9 or lower) and delete the app for any reason then we can send you the APK file to load onto your device directly.

New App

Work is still ongoing on getting CamerAlert to work on newer devices. We're not far off getting to testing phase. The plan has changed slightly, the minimum Android version will be Android 10 (we may extend back to Android 9 at a later date depending on needs).

I'll be in touch!

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we are getting closer to the beta test phase I thought I would start asking for testers.

The plan is to use the Google Play official beta test programme which means we need to get Google Account details for anyone wishing to test for us.

So if you are willing to help beta test CamerAlert then please send an email to cameralert2024 AT pocketgpsworld.com

Please include your Google Account email (usually your gmail address) as well as your Pocket GPS World username. Model of phone and current Android version will also be useful.

Thanks!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: