Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with supplied CD out-of-date
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with supplied CD out-of-date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Problems with supplied CD out-of-date Reply with quote

Hi -

I've suffered a bit of frustration today with my TomTom Go. It seems to have 'lost' many postcodes I usually use on a day-to-day basis.

I must admit, I was at fault over the weekend when I accidentally deleted a file on the TomTom which prevented it from working. I'm not sure which file I deleted!

To make things work again, I had to delete everything on the memory card, reinstall everything from the CD supplied, I added the patch 4.21 June and the 4.40 again from September, but the problem still remains.

What have I done to my poor old TomTom?!

Examples include:
PL31 1.. does no longer exist
TW12 3.. does no longer exist

- These were both there when I used the the product out of the box a few weeks ago

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PL31 1 does not exist at all on GO, but TW12 1 does exist. This will be down to the map data and it maybe that the version you had pre-installed to SD card was slightly newer than what's on the CD in terms of map data. However, I'd find this hard to believe, but I guess it could happen if TomTom have had the CD's pressed maybe several weeks earlier than the SD cards written to, then there may be a slight discrepancy on map data.

There's no way of downloading a newer version of the map data. I would check to see what others have and if anyone using a later production model can search for these post codes, and if they can then I would contact TomTom and see if they can re-issue a later CD.
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
PL31 1 does not exist at all on GO, but TW12 1 does exist. This will be down to the map data and it maybe that the version you had pre-installed to SD card was slightly newer than what's on the CD in terms of map data. However, I'd find this hard to believe, but I guess it could happen if TomTom have had the CD's pressed maybe several weeks earlier than the SD cards written to, then there may be a slight discrepancy on map data.

There's no way of downloading a newer version of the map data. I would check to see what others have and if anyone using a later production model can search for these post codes, and if they can then I would contact TomTom and see if they can re-issue a later CD.

I bought mine in June, and i have checked for the postcode TW12 and can confirm it is there. CD copyrighted 2004.
DB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Postcode search - HELP! Reply with quote

Hi -

Can anyone who has recently bought a TomTom Go do a search for PL31 1DJ?

I know I had it on there as it was my parents address and drove there frequently. Now it's gone since reinstalling from my CD.

If someone could check so I know I'm not going maaaaad, it would be a great help. Then I may get on to TomTom for a new CD.

The thing that confuses me the most is that this postcode is not a new street, it's been around for years. Most of the town Bodmin starts with the postcode PL31 1.. so it could be a huge mistake on the CD.

Many thanks
mothy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Postcode search - HELP! Reply with quote

DB wrote:
Hi -

I bought mine yesterday. PL31 2.. but nor PL31 1

Roly
delboy0754
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Postcode search - HELP! Reply with quote

DB wrote:
Hi -

I know I had it on there as it was my parents address and drove there frequently. Now it's gone since reinstalling from my CD.

If someone could check so I know I'm not going maaaaad, it would be a great help. Then I may get on to TomTom for a new CD.

The thing that confuses me the most is that this postcode is not a new street, it's been around for years. Most of the town Bodmin starts with the postcode PL31 1.. so it could be a huge mistake on the CD.

Many thanks

I did a search on mine again, and found PL31 2DJ as "Turf St" Bodmin.

Then i did a search for PL 31 1DJ, which came back as "Homefield Park" Bodmin, but the post code was PL31 2DJ.

Hope this makes sense, as it looks as though the post code is wrong.
DB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Thanks to all Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I think TomTom have messed up their latest release of the CD for postcodes in some areas.

To be fair, they've been brilliant and after posting my problem via their support site, they've arranged for the most latest CD to be sent to me on receipt of my current CD.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks all - and great job gpsworld - I think this site is fantastic.

DB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: