Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The mysterious case of the returning favourites !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The mysterious case of the returning favourites !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: The mysterious case of the returning favourites !! Reply with quote

Grateful for any assistance with this one - and perhaps a cache clearout is required?

Adding some new items to Favourites on my venerable Nuvi 1440 I noticed several items in Favourites that I was sure that I had deleted in the past, so I went through and did a clear-out (but still leaving ones I use in situ), however after turning it off and on again they had all come back - so how can I clear them off permanently please?

i don't particularly want a method that clears out everything, and I have to start all over again if that is at all possible.

Some time back I also had a query on what looked like little footprints appearing on screen, but I cannot find it when checking my old postings - now this isn't currently happening, but can someone please refresh my memory on the problem, and how to clear it?

Who knows, both problems may be connected?

cheers and thanks in anticipation

Allan
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you sent those favourites to your nuvi using BaseCamp or another program?

Delete all the files in your GPX folder using Windows Explorer, then delete the favourites you want to delete using your nuvi menu, now they won't come back.
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: The mysterious case ... Reply with quote

Hello Sussamb

Thanks for the quick response.

All in Favourites are places that I have found on the GPS, and then saved them to Favourites, with no other software used as far as I am aware?

Does that make sense?

Before I plug my sat-nav in to my pc what is in the GPX folder that I am deleting?

Also, I believe it was you who gave me the answer to the little dots, or footprints, a few years back? If it was you, can you advise how to clear them please?

cheers

Allan
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's the case then favourites shouldn't reappear, but have a look and see. All that should be in the GPX folder is a file named current.gpx, do you see anything else?

As for the trip log, to clear it you go into Tools, My Data and select Clear trip log. To stop them displaying Settings, Map and change Trip log from Show to Hide.
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: The saga of the Favourites! Reply with quote

Hello Sussamb

Thanks for the update on the GPX folder, and for pointing me how to clear the little dots (real name of course Trip Log!!), through this I have now found that it also includes a "Delete Favourite(s)" link, so I have gone through this and wiped out the ones that I don't want any more, and will let you know if they reappear when i switch it back on tomorrow!!

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

cheers

Allan
allan125
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Returning deletions - solved, thanks !! Reply with quote

Hello Sussamb

Just a brief note to say thanks again, I can confirm that the deleted items stayed deleted this time!!

What I cannot understand is why it has a Delete function on items in Favourites, which doesn't always work, plus the additional Delete function in Tools that you have highlighted for me that seems to work!!

belt, braces and a piece of string perhaps!!

cheers

Allan
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass. Deleting has always worked for me whichever method I've used.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: