Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 32 files limit POILoader - speedzoned data won't work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

32 files limit POILoader - speedzoned data won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: 32 files limit POILoader - speedzoned data won't work Reply with quote

I've seen this mentioned in a couple of threads, but it seems to be worthy of its own thread unless I've missed it somewhere else.

The current speedzoned complete data won't load through POILoader without modification because there are now 34 CSV files.

Edit: I'm not sure which are the new files which have taken it over the limit (had thought it was TBA but perhaps they have been around for ages).

Could TBA and VAR be combined since they have the same effect or am I missing something?

Manually munging for now.

Thanks
Stuart

p.s. not sure what's going on - the Gatso TBA contains one location which is the same as the PGPSW copyright marker. Just off the coast of the Seychelles and amusingly quite close to an ocean-based Poundstretcher
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's deffo something wrong with your lat/lon conversion as the Gatso and Specs TBAs are much closer to home than the Seychelles Very Happy And they are in there for a reason. And I think that you will find that Kremmens CSV converter ignores them anyway.

@MaFt.
There is a rogue pMOBILE @ 55 in the latest dataset now. It's just north of Dublin.
-6.22195, 53.37269 SW-R-pMOBILE:182619@55
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - schoolboy error. I didn't reverse the coords before pasting to Google Maps.

32 file limit still a problem though if trying to load from CSVs

Looks like Kremmen's converter provides a solution however.

Thanks
Stuart
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've replied in the other post
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartb wrote:
32 file limit still a problem though if trying to load from CSVs
There is no 32 FILE limit. Kremmen's CSV converter and POILoade can and do handle 150 odd CSV FILES. It is FOLDERS that's the 32 limit problem. You probably have a number of FOLDERS as sub folders 'beneath' your POI folder, and POI Loader will scoop them all up.
Make a separate folder for PGPSW cams and only include sub folders (up to 32) for any other POI categories that you want to upload to your device with POI Loader.

PS. This is the problem with posting a problem in one thread then starting another with the same problem. You get the answers scattered all over the place instead of nicely confined to on thread. Sad
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDIT] Kremmen - thanks for your reply in the other thread also. You both seem fairly certain it's a folder not files issue. Which leaves me confused (nothing new) - see below]

The folder structure below this folder is:-
- PGPSWUK
- other POIs

PGPSWUK contains latest speedzoned data - 70 files, 34 CSVs, 34 bmps, 1 license and 1 need help file. No other subfolders.

other POIs contains 31 other PGPSW POI csvs, bitmaps plus release, licence and need help

If I delete two CSV files from the PGPSWUK folder (e.g. the gatso and mobile TBA files), and use the same procedure, it works fine.

So as far as I can tell, your assertion that its about subfolders is not correct and it seems to demonstrate fairly conclusively that there is a 32 file limit per folder which is now being breached by the PGPSW data?

Apologies if I caused issues with the two posts...

I had started writing a post in the Kremmen thread as I had found that thread from searching the forums for "32 files" or similar. You'll see that the last post before mine was on this subject.

I then realised that this was in fact about the 32 files limit and the PGPSW data now causing an issue. i.e. not related to Kremmen's converter programme. So I posted a new thread instead.

I then went back after I had tried using Kremmen's converter as I realised that whilst he has options to include/exclude other speedcam categories, he did not have this for TBA. I was mistaken however in thinking that TBA was something new.

So I don't know what has changed since I last downloaded and used POILoader , but there you go.

Stuart
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have answered your own issue.

Only 32 files allowed in a 'sub folder'. You need to make the cameras file a top level folder.

As I said, the Direction Converter creates up to 150 files, all in the same folder, and that works fine through POIloader.

Thanks for the 32 file in sub folders issue as I wasn't aware of that hence why I assumed it must be a folder limit.

On my rig I have my cameras in D:\PGPSW\
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, make sure PoiLoader is pointing at the folder which holds your PGPSW camera data (and not a folder above that one eg Source).

Then have your "tourist" poi's in sub-folders within your camera folder.

(I have my cameras in C:/Users/Steve/Documents/Satnav/CSV Converter ... and that is where PoiLoader points and that works just fine. My other Poi folders are sub-folders within the main camera folder).

Dales
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed.

If I move all of the CSVs from the speedcam data and the other POIs folders into one folder in the root of the drive, it works.

This is still to my mind a bit of shame...

I've never heard of having to have the CSVs in a top level folder before and have been using the same method for several years.

I'm guessing that the PGPSW speedcam data must have been 32 files or less in all that time.

I suspect I may not be the only one.

The other downside of having to use what I'd consider a workaround is that organisation of POIs becomes more difficult.

I have a folder for UK speedcams, France areas of danger, other POIs etc.

Provided that I don't have more than 32 in a folder this all works fine.

But because the PGPSW data has grown to more than 32 CSV files (assumption), I can no longer keep this stuff organised in that way.

Stuart
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
In other words, make sure PoiLoader is pointing at the folder which holds your PGPSW camera data (and not a folder above that one eg Source).

Then have your "tourist" poi's in sub-folders within your camera folder.

(I have my cameras in C:/Users/Steve/Documents/Satnav/CSV Converter ... and that is where PoiLoader points and that works just fine. My other Poi folders are sub-folders within the main camera folder).

Dales

Sorry I think you posted whilst I was typing. I'll try this as this would be workable.

Thanks
Stuart
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart,

See the edit to my post above yours.

You shouldn't have to reorganise your data so much.

Just be meticulous about pointing PoiLoader to your actual camera folder, and put other folders (limit 32 or so csv files plus 32 or so matching bmp files in each sub-folder) within it.

Dales.

Edit - I see you've posted again while I was replying !!
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
Stuart,

See the edit to my post above yours.

You shouldn't have to reorganise your data so much.

Just be meticulous about pointing PoiLoader to your actual camera folder, and put other folders (limit 32 or so csv files plus 32 or so matching bmp files in each sub-folder) within it.

Dales.

Edit - I see you've posted again while I was replying !!

Thanks - say hello to Knaresborough for me - 2 of our happiest years spent living there Very Happy
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run Poiloader for just the PGPSW cams pointing at a single folder. I then have another set of folders for UK, France and Spain and run Poiloader for each of those. I end up with UKspeedies, FRSpeedies, UKPois, FrancePois, Spainpois and Petitpois.

The last one was a joke (ish)!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Well, there's deffo something wrong with your lat/lon conversion as the Gatso and Specs TBAs are much closer to home than the Seychelles Very Happy And they are in there for a reason. And I think that you will find that Kremmens CSV converter ignores them anyway.

@MaFt.
There is a rogue pMOBILE @ 55 in the latest dataset now. It's just north of Dublin.
-6.22195, 53.37269 SW-R-pMOBILE:182619@55

Fixed - cheers
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK after testing the permutations of what Kremmen and Dales described above, to summarise for anyone finding this thread later...

If you encounter this error:

It is because you:-

- have more than 32 CSV files in a folder which is not the folder you are pointing POI Loader at (i.e. they are in a subfolder of the folder you are pointing at which POI asks for as the "directory where the data files can be found")

You may not have had this issue previously because the Speedzoned speedcam data was less than 33 files so this limit was not breached and they could be anywhere in a folder under the one you pointed at.

You can fix this by:-

putting all your CSVs in one folder and pointing at that.

Or for better organisation...

put the Speedzoned speedcam data (chosen because that's the way it comes so you don't have to split it up) in the main folder and then having folders within that main folder containing any other POI data you want.

None of the subfolders may contain more than 32 CSV files. So just create further subfolders and move them as needed if you have more than 32.

As other POIs are likely to be less frequently updated, this is probably the best solution.

Thanks to all above for helping me to understand what was going on.

Stuart

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: