Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Corsica
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Corsica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigJohnD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Corsica Reply with quote

I've just returned from a week in Corsica where I used my Garmin.

1. There's no digital traffic info there. Device reads something like "Unable to locate traffic info source". However, such info isn't really essential.

2. Despite the update to the latest 2015.20 maps and considering the island is pretty small, there were several inaccuracies, mostly new roads and modifications to improve hairpin bends, &c.

3. It may be related to the above, but on at least three occasions the satnav completely lost the plot and couldn't link to the location on the map, which was correct. The locator was at least 100m off track. Even clearing the route and destination, and restarting the device made no difference. I've not seen anything like it in the UK, and every seems fine now I'm back in the UK.

4. Speed cameras. No cameras were indicated on the stanav, as per the regs of France. I did see two cameras, but both were well signposted some 800-1,000m in advance and located in places you'd expect them (bottom of steep hills with 50km/h speed limits), so you'd be pretty daft to get caught. However, I did get a warning entering the outskirts of Ajaccio on a dual carriageway indicating the route was hazardous and limited to 50km/h.

HTH.

Cheap hire car…
Click for image of under-powered but spacious hire car.
Kritou
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps OSM mapping would have done a better job for you on your Garmin?
[/img]
BigJohnD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. For some reason I had no problem in Ajaccio, only in the more rural areas where there is only one road of any significance.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: