Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GM 270 CF Ultra GPS disabled problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GM 270 CF Ultra GPS disabled problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LINavigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: GM 270 CF Ultra GPS disabled problem Reply with quote

I just got this card today and have been playing with it with TomTom Navigator US Edition. It works really well ...

Except that every time I switch off my iPaq (3635 with 64MB upgrade) the 270 gets disabled. The check box on the status screen (in the top left) clears and clicking it does nothing.

The only way to get it set is to play around with the selected GPS receiver and port (serial, IR, etc) and eventually it'll let me select it. It's very frustrating! Is there any way around this?

Also, can anyone tell me what the left hand 'slider' is on the status screen? It goes from a 'zzz' icon to a TomTom icon. I'm assuming it's some sort of 'wakeup' setting? Tried both but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Now, I've not installed anything specific to the 270 onto my iPaq. TomTom came with a GPS status screen that already listed the 270 so I just picked that. Do I need to install anything specific to the 270 Ultra?

TIA!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: GM 270 CF Ultra GPS disabled problem Reply with quote

LINavigator wrote:
I just got this card today and have been playing with it with TomTom Navigator US Edition. It works really well ...

Except that every time I switch off my iPaq (3635 with 64MB upgrade) the 270 gets disabled. The check box on the status screen (in the top left) clears and clicking it does nothing.

The only way to get it set is to play around with the selected GPS receiver and port (serial, IR, etc) and eventually it'll let me select it. It's very frustrating! Is there any way around this?

You need to make sure that you actually EXIT Navigator before powering off. Either use the EXIT button in the Navigator screen, or use a task bar utility like WisBar to physically exit the application. If you don't and you just hit the Cross (top right) or you just power off, then TTN is still running and you will have problems.

LINavigator wrote:
Also, can anyone tell me what the left hand 'slider' is on the status screen? It goes from a 'zzz' icon to a TomTom icon. I'm assuming it's some sort of 'wakeup' setting? Tried both but doesn't seem to make any difference.

This is a slider to allow TTN to override the power save settings when on battery, so normally ZZZZ would keep the PPC settings the same and the PPC will turn off if used on battery for a few mins (depending on your power save settings), the coloured PPC with a hand on it will mean it will stay powered even when it doesn't have power/charger connected.

LINavigator wrote:
Now, I've not installed anything specific to the 270 onto my iPaq. TomTom came with a GPS status screen that already listed the 270 so I just picked that. Do I need to install anything specific to the 270 Ultra?

Personally I would use the NMEA 0183v2 4800 driver rather than the Holux one, but if it's working for you, then leave it as it is.
LINavigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Dave! I'll make sure I exit 'cleanly' and see how it goes. I have the PPC configured to never power off, so I imagine that slider will make no difference then.

Have also switched to the NMEA driver.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: