Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS, GPS wherefore art thou GPS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS, GPS wherefore art thou GPS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PocketGPSWorld.com team would like to thank everyone that battled their way across country to attend the Meetup at the Stratford Manor Hotel in Stratford-Upon-Avon and would especially like to thank all of the Sponsors that attended, donated prizes and money for the bar bill!

I hope everyone had a good time, most of you had a chance to see most of the Bluetooth GPS Receivers we have reviewed including some new hardware and software under review and managed to play with TomTom GO, Palm T2/T3, iPAQ 2210's, Navman PiN, and many of you managed to get a glimpse of two new applications coming out.

Over 60 people attended and we received a wide variety of questions from "which GPS or Software to buy" to varied technical questions and I think most people went away with a much better understanding and also had the chance to meet with some representatives from some great GPS companies like ALK, Anquet, Holux, NAVTEQ, and Nemesis. Everyone also had a chance to put faces to names with meeting some of the forum moderators (Robert-Privateer, Laura Bo-Peep, Richard-Oldie) and the PocketGPSWorld.com UK team (Dave, Darren, Mike, Robert).

All that attended had a chance of winning some great products, and it was good to see a number of you coming up to collect your prize! A popular question we received towards the end of the event was "When and where are we holding the next event ?". We will hold another event, but do not currently have a date and location set, but will let you all know as soon as we do!

Mike and Robert took a number of photos and when they return I'm sure they will share some of these here!

It was great to actually meet with all of you and we hope you enjoyed the event!
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks Guys Reply with quote

Thanks to Dave, Darren Mike and all the others for an interesting meeting. It was my first and I picked up a lot of good tips.

Well done to all and thanks to all the sponsors - even thought I didn't even win a Nemesis mug! (Paul to note!!!!) Rolling Eyes

Malcolm
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge thanks to all who made the effort to attend the meet-up, my apologies to those who I didn't get an opportunity to chat with and to those I did I hope I answered your questions! I was greatly encouraged to see such broad range of users which shows that GPS Navigation is rapidly becoming a commodity rather than a gadget for techies!

I alos promised to provide the link to the utility that fixes the BT Browser issue for TomTom but have forgotten who it was who asked for it Embarassed Anyway the software can be downloaded here.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for an excellent event.

It was really good to be able to spend some time with you guys and the sponsors.

Looking forward to the next one!

Thank you for your efforts both with these events and also this excellent website. Laughing
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for a very informative day out. Some very usefull information gained and hopefully some passed on.
Many thanks for all the effort you must have put in and look forward to the next one, distance permitting.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
vxer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren _ re the BT - it was me so thanx!

Malcolm
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Yep a good day out indeed. i enjoyed meeting everyone and putting a few faces to names. Thanks for all the help and advice. The guy with the Brodit kit helped me alot (i now know what to order Smile ).

As i promised here is the link to the BTTOOLS download.
http://bluetooth.i-networx.de/index_e.html

This is the BT fix for the XDA2 allowing up to 9 devices to connect plus serial port profile and improved headset profile.

also ( a little off topic) the BT fix for Sony Notebooks for Dave is here
www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/index.html.

Darren i wonder if you can give me a link to the xda2 rom editor please?
auto install of tomtom etc on hard reset is very interesting.

Regards

The Pilgrim
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me ! it WAS a good day out and special thanks to Darren for looking into my broken clip on my Krusell case and oldie for sorting out my speed cam warnings. I look forward to the next meet and hope it is not too far away.My return trip from Stratford revealed the true value of TTN3 and really impressed my wife who up to now had been in the camp of "expensive Boys toys"..We were on the A48 just out side Blakeney at 20:30hrs when the police told us to turn around as the road would be blocked for several hours because of an accident..cars were stopped all over the place looking at maps (those that had them)and other scatching their heads.. we went back untill we found a lay bye then in TTN3 put an avoid on the blocked road and in putted.. Home. shortest route . we arrived home an hour later and not a clue where we had been ( some pretty narrow roads) but we were home ..Brilliant!!
dave
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who attended the Pub Meet. An indication of the honesty and trustworthiness of our community is that despite the fact that a lot of the time my equipment was left unattended I came home with every single BT receiver and PDA that was on display. So once again THANKS Clap

Thanks also to ALK, Anquet, Easy-Devices, Holux, Memory-Map, Nemesis, and Periphal Corner for sponsoring the event.

I think Clive came the furthest for this meet, coming all the way from the Isle of Wight. So well done Clive.

And of course my worst nightmare was realised as TalkingBollox won a prize, fortunately he gave us his actual name which avoided some embarasment in a crowded bar!

I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. I know I didnt get to see everyone who was there but managed a quick chat with a lot of people. We are indeed hoping to put on more of these type of events in the future, and yes we are looking at going further north.
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Big Thanks to GPS for a good day out Reply with quote

My thanks to you for so much info that I forgot half of it on the way home the other half is in full use now and the sun shines on.
It was great to get so much info and opinions on different kit
Winning a prize capped it all off but now I have to buy something to put in the mount Twisted Evil
I look forward to the next one but if it goes even further north I will have to get my passport renewed

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Dave, Darren, Mike, Robert for great day, it was only a short swim mike :-)... i could of sworn that said isle of write earlier? Laughing Out Loud
anyway im sure manu of us will be looking forward to the next one?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clivers wrote:
I could of sworn that said Isle of Write earlier? Laughing Out Loud?

Your eyes weren't deceiving you, I corrected it!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Pilgrim wrote:
Darren i wonder if you can give me a link to the xda2 rom editor please? Auto install of tomtom etc on hard reset is very interesting.

My pleasure, XDA-Developers is a great site to bookmark if you have an XDA or any of the variants, the Extended Rom Tutorial can be found here.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
clivers wrote:
I could of sworn that said Isle of Write earlier? Laughing Out Loud?

Your eyes weren't deceiving you, I corrected it!

I did spell it correctly in the original, buy my spelling checker changed it. Nothing ever works perfctly does it?
The_Pilgrim
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren

i already visit the xda developers forum but usually click through anything that says ROM and Hacking 8O . not exactly a strong point with me but ill try thr tutorial today

regards.

The Pilgrim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: