Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bugs and things to improve
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs and things to improve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeLip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Bugs and things to improve Reply with quote

Hardware is a Blackberry 8330 and a Garmin GPS10X bluetooth GPS receiver.

Negatives;

It *spells* "express lanes" letter by letter - it does not say it. After is says that, there is no more voice or even sound from any application on my Blackberry. It had been pronouncing street names until I got on I271 Express Lanes. Then it spelled "express lanes" and shut up. Routing continued. I had to reset my BB to get sound back.

Screen real estate is badly wasted. The blue sky is pretty but not neccesary. Telenav makes this same mistake. There is not enough screen to waste on that. Garmin does not do that and it's looks just fine.

Allow me to see ETA, not just time remaining on my trip.

Anti-aliasing of the interstate symbol is poor. for instance, the 90 in red and blue interstate shield symbol is hard to read. The center of the character string is bright, the outside dim appearing. In other words, the left side of the 9 in 90 is grayish and blurry, the right side bright and sharp. The left side of the 0 is bright and shapr, the right side blurry and dim.

Good stuff - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to sync with the web site. Just love it. Did I say I love it? I love it.

Routing is excellent. A little slow ro recalculate when going off route. May just be a hardware issue - none of the Blackberry platform navigators are anything like as fast as a modern dedicated navigator.

I like downloading the maps at the outset. I don't have to rely on a solid data connection the whole trip. Thank you.

Good voice, when it works.

Nice clean, uncluttered maps. Don't change track colors on me though. When I hit the exit, the line changes to yellow. That threw me. I am driving. Don't make me think Smile

I like this software. Get it cleaned up and faster and you will hammer Telenav and Garmin.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: