Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BMW TRAFFIC PRO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BMW TRAFFIC PRO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jattah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: BMW TRAFFIC PRO Reply with quote

I know most of you are saying BMW what. This is a very rare unit in the US but quiet popular in Europe. I have one for my 98 E36 M3. Very nice unit which I believe is and was ahead of its time when created by HK for BMW. Anyway my problem is this. These units were not sold in the Us although it was made available though one dealer only. BMW and HK no longer support the units (really sucks total customer abandonment). This unit is still supported in Europe and I believe they are on version 7 or 9 not really sure. The last US update was of Version 2 maps which now are not totally out dated but u get the idea. Anyway I am looking for some help in attaining updates for this unit, I know very little about its technology and it make up, but on another forum I am in we are discussing possibly using reverse engineering to see if we can get it to work. Problem is most members are just new to the unit so info is not too easy to come by. Anyway I am posting here to see if anyone can provide some info or any links that might help me and my friends getting this project going. We want to look at extracting the data from the CD (the original maps we have) to see if we can convert other maps to that format data. If anyone is interested in helping you can get more info on this unit here : http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/becker.html
bmwstephen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has there been any luck on this project?

Thanks!
Stephen
humphreyc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: am interested in helping out Reply with quote

i'm still on version 1 from 2001 and so I desperately need an update so am motivated to help the team here create a version 3. let me know how to help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: