Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Krusell PDA Case review.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Krusell PDA Case review.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Krusell PDA Case review. Reply with quote

Whilst we were at CeBIT this year we made a lot of new contacts. Our primary aim for visiting CeBIT was to find out what was happening in the World of PDAs and GPS and to try and arrange to review as much gear as possible.

One of the companies that we met was Krusell. Krusell are based in Sweden and manufacture cases for all types of electrical equipment, but mainly focus on PDAs and Phone cases. They have kindly provided us with a range of samples to evaluate and these are our findings...

Click here for the review
dmac
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any UK suppliers/prices for use with 2210. Question
Kula
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac wrote "Any UK suppliers/prices for use with 2210. "

A London supplier called Inkino (Tel# 0207 631 4567) based on Tottenham Court Road sell the Krusell cases for a range of PDAs.

I purchased the Handit version for my iPaq H5550 for £24.95.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my SPV and XDA Krusell cases fom eBAY, there are a couple of dealers who sell little else, look for fonejunkie_dot_com and phoneaddons_com both of whom I've bought from and can highly recommend.

As a guide, Handit cases with free clip are currently around the £14.49 plus £2 p+p and are 'Buy it now' so that price is fixed.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one question about the iPaq 2210 Handit Case.

With the flap filled with memory cards etc.... is there a possibility of damaging the screen when it is closed?

Other than that it looks to be a neat wallet.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in my experience, I have two SD cards in the slots and a CF WLAN Card in one of the credit card slots and they don't touch the screen at all.

I'd class myself as a heavy user/abuser, it's carried everywhere with me and having had the case for a couple of months now, inserting the 2210 and removing it many times per day to use in the car cradle and it all still looks like new Thumbs Up
Zorba
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the Krusell case for about a month and I went for the car adaptor as well. I'd just like to point out that anyone considering the car adaptor should think twice, as you'd have to make sure that you fit it somewhere with room for the cover to rest, i.e. don't count on being able to use the PDA at the same time unless you fit the mount really near the top of your dashboard so that the cover flap can rest on the dashboard. I can't really see how they can get round that though, and I do realise that the car adaptor would be fine for phone cases.

Also, the multidapt peg on the back of the case can make the grip of a universal style PDA car mount (eg Arkon) quite precarious.

Apart from that though I do agree with the review - the quality of the case is superb. All the stitching is neat and close and the holes line up well.

Basically - if you're getting the Krusell case for a PDA and want to be able to use the PDA in the car, you're better off getting a proper PDA mount and not the Krusell car adaptor, and you should try putting the case in the mount before you buy if you can.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car adapter is as you say most likely intended for cell phone cases, I've just bought one for my XDAII which is cell phone style, i.e. no flap just a clear front that allows access to the screen and buttons and this would be fine on the car mount.

It's a great design and you can access the touch screen through the clear cover well enough to enter text and do most things normally too.

hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried using any of the Krussel cases with an iPAQ 5550? Does it get in the way of the fingerprint scanner?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: