Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Deal Of the Day - 240v & 12v USV Chargers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Deal Of the Day - 240v & 12v USV Chargers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
algypan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my wall charger from the original posting I am very pleased with it it is quite a neat little charger and it works well with my TT520. £4.51 I can live with that
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
SpikeyMikey wrote:
Surely you can plug a different USB cable in to charge what you want, you're not limited to the one they supply!!

Or am I being daft?

You can, regardless of the iPod specific retractable cable, the chargers work fine with other USB devices.

I have received two wall warts and a 12v charger from the original amazon seller today and all work fine with all the devices I have tested so far.

Absolutely Darren (and the other person who mentions it too).

It was just a heads up for those NOT already owning a cable, thinking this was a ready one stop solution.

As for example, Go x20 owners do not get a cable with the device, they get the docking station solution only.

So unless they already have a usb to min-usb cable lying round, both these devices advertised/mentioned, will not be sufficient on their own for those people.

That's all I really posted for, and an important consideration, but I maybe should have emphasised the relevant fact better *Laughing Out Loud*
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
As for example, Go x20 owners do not get a cable with the device, they get the docking station solution only.

Why can't you use the x20 dock? You plug the USB cable from it into the charger? That's what I'm doing?
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
shadamehr wrote:

Why can't you use the x20 dock? You plug the USB cable from it into the charger? That's what I'm doing?

Er my whole ethos was on the basis of charging on the go.

That means taking the dock.

So not the lines I was thinking along.

Warranted that you do clarify that people can plug the dock cable into the wall plug, and provided they dock TT, still charge without PC though, for sure!
Allan_whoops
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakeland are doing a travel adaptor with two USB charging outlets as well for about £15. It is also surge protected and indicates when the charger is working (or so the catalogue says).

Regarding Amazon p&p, Amazon sets it not the seller. Amazon also take a percentage of the p&p as well so, depending on the item, you can end up out of pocket. (I sold some of my old books and CDs on there to recover a room so got to know the system well).

Pricing in proportion for postage means that the p&p is probably reasonable for bulky items. i.e. large packet.

Hope this all helps .

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: