Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live - Laptop 7 Released in UK/Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live - Laptop 7 Released in UK/Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: CoPilot Live - Laptop 7 Released in UK/Europe Reply with quote

ALK have recently release CoPilot Live - Laptop 7 to the UK and European Street Navigation market. This brings CoPilot on the PC up to the standard of the Pocket PC version and beyond with some extra additions and fixes.

We have a copy here to review, so expect a detailed review soon!
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live Laptop 7 Reply with quote

Dave, Has the report been published yet on this new addition to CoPilot. I was just wondering what your comments were on this.....If they are favourable, then I may spend some more of my pocket money..... Laughing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's currently in review and should be available within a week or so hopefully.

It operates just like the Pocket PC version of CoPilot Live but you do much more space on screen for larger maps and more larger text which is a bonus for in-car use.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Laptop 7 Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedy reply Dave. This could be my answer for the in-car/in-van applications when I need extra info when the lights go out. (Night work). I'll keep my eyes open for the results. 8O
laurie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: copilot laptop7 POI speed cameras Reply with quote

Can anyone explain why this product states that it can inform you of approching speed cameras, but does not actually do so. I cannot find it in the POI drop down list.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't loaded them yourself, then you will find it hidden away under Travel & Transportation \ Speed Camera.

If you have tried to load them yourself from our site then you need to deselect these and select Custom \ Custom.
laurie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Dave, sorry about double post made a mistake and clicked on new topic by mistake.
I have been in Travel and Transport, no listing of speed cameras. Where can I download from your site.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, thought you meant Pocket PC (I've just re-read the thread title). It doesn't appear that they've been included in Laptop 7 for some reason (or not in the copy I have).
laurie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

that's right it is not included, but on their website it states in black and white that it is, is this not false advertising.
laurie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: copilot laptop7 POI speed cameras Reply with quote

This might be of help to anyone who owns this software. I have just received an email from ALK telling me that and I quote:

"Thank you for your email, with regard to the speed cameras on the Laptop 7 version of our software. You are able to download the updated speed camera database from the following link.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php once on this link please just scroll down till you find ALK CoPilot, then look for the Laptop instructions and this will detail every step needed in order to download the information."

hope this helps
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're right it does state that. I suspect it got missed when re-compiling the final build. There's a couple of other featurette's that I've grilled ALK over that was fixed but came back in. I'll have a chat with ALK on this one.

I think if Dan's reading this Wink he's going to be so apologetic when I speak with him! Thumbs Up
cybrey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the import functionality is now included in the CoPilot navigation software ?

Or alternatively does anyone know of any software which does POI warning for laptops .. I already have mapsonic .. and although its adequate its unability to do postcode searches makes it rather limited.. coupled with the fact it doesn't allow the import of
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laptop 7 does have the import facility built in with custom fields and you can import our speed camera database and be reported of approaching cameras. This has been available since CoPilot Live | Pocket PC 4 (on the Pocket PC) and since CoPilot Live | Laptop 7 (on the PC).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: