Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin I3 (new user ) ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin I3 (new user ) ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WEHATEMANU39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Garmin I3 (new user ) ??? Reply with quote

Please could someone out there help me.

A client of mine has a Garmin I3 for sale as he's upgraded with a top of the range gadget. Up until yesterday I was a complete novice. I need convincing I require or will use this. After reading this outstanding website I've become a little clearier on the device and it's advantages. I'm unclear if I need this device as a Navigational tool or just for the old speed cameras. I do little over 9,000 miles but I do visit Championship and occassionaly Premier League football grounds.

My other problem is my car is a Citreon Vtr 02 plate with slightly tinted windows so I concerned about the signal strength.

Many thanks.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The i3 is considerably cheaper* than most of the dedicated camera warning systems out there, plus it does the navigation too - I would have thought that this was a no-brainer... :D

Remember that you don't need to have the navigation on all the time - the i3 is quite happy to sit there showing your current location, and warning you of nearby cameras. This is how I primarily use mine. Smile

What model of Citroen do you have? VTR is a spec level, not the model...

Tinted windows aren't usually a problem, although athermic windscreens can be - having said that, even if you do have an athermic windscreen, some users have had success mounting the i3 in a corner of the windscreen, or failing that you can always connect an inexpensive external aerial.

*That's when brand new - second-hand it makes even more sense ;)
Mr_Gonzales
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine purely because I wanted a new toy. Since then it's been invaluable driving (and riding the bike) when going to new places, making detours, on holiday or just out for a ride on the bike and wanting advance information of junctions, bends, cameras, etc. coming up ahead.

It's easy to use and the only times that I don't take it with me is if I know I'm not going to deviate from my route/am just popping out somewhere.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: