Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I3 and laoding maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I3 and laoding maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

I've got an I3 and also a streetpilot 3. I've got the full European city navigator CD and I'm supposed to be able to upload maps from this to the I3 transflash cards. I've installed the USB driver for the I3 but can't find anyway of transferring the maps to the I3. Does anyone know how to do it?
Thanks
Jim
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

JimOD wrote:
I've got an I3 and also a streetpilot 3. I've got the full European city navigator CD

I'm guessing that the CD came with the StreetPilot3 - if that's the case, then it ain't gonna happen...
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
JimOD wrote:
I've got an I3 and also a streetpilot 3. I've got the full European city navigator CD

I'm guessing that the CD came with the StreetPilot3 - if that's the case, then it ain't gonna happen...

I emailed Garmin before I bought the I3 and they said you could do it. But I can't get it to work Sad
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

JimOD wrote:
I emailed Garmin before I bought the I3 and they said you could do it. But I can't get it to work Sad

In that case, I'd email Garmin back and ask them how to do it! :D
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:

In that case, I'd email Garmin back and ask them how to do it! :D

I have done but was hoping maybe someone might know :P
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
JimOD wrote:

JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

Ash10 wrote:
JimOD wrote:

Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

JimOD wrote:
I've got an I3 and also a streetpilot 3. I've got the full European city navigator CD and I'm supposed to be able to upload maps from this to the I3 transflash cards. I've installed the USB driver for the I3 but can't find anyway of transferring the maps to the I3. Does anyone know how to do it?
Thanks
Jim

Welcome Jim

The following works for my Quest, it is possible that there is a different map loader for the i3. Anyone know for sure?

Install Mapsource on your PC and run it

Did you unlock the maps using the unlock code that you enter in Garmin's website. You should be able to see the street detail on the maps when you zoom right in

In Mapsource:

Zoom out until you can see all of the UK
Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Maps"
Click on the map areas to highlight the ones you want to load into the GPS
Go to the Transfer menu and select Send to Device
If Mapsource doesn't see your i3 then you may need to install the driver for it. I think you can get it from Garmin's website

Good luck!
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I3 and laoding maps Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:

Welcome Jim

The following works for my Quest, it is possible that there is a different map loader for the i3. Anyone know for sure?

Install Mapsource on your PC and run it

Good luck!

Hi Skippy. Thanks for the info, I've been using the streetpilot and mapsource for years it's all on my PC. I've installed the usb driver for the I3, the problem I am having is, when I open mapsource there is NO facility for sending the maps to the I3. I am now having some more problems with my computer which is making me think a re-format is needed so I can start all over again.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim, have you the latest mapsource software?
JimOD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
jim, have you the latest mapsource software?

What I have is Mapsource- European city navigator version6. I'm beginning to think my problem is my PC. When I plug the I3 into the pc the poiloader opens which means my I3 is being recognised. When, however, I open my mapsource programme it shows NO usb device with which to send stuff to the I3, interestingly it doesn't show one to send stuff to my streetpilot 3 neither now. I think I need to start all over again. I'm getting other PC problems (nothing to do with I3) so I will do a full reformat later today and see what happens.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: