Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Looking around the map - keep being sent back to here
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking around the map - keep being sent back to here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy2No
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Looking around the map - keep being sent back to here Reply with quote

Wow! These forum topic titles aren't allowed to be very long... No wonder they're mostly a bit cryptic.

When I try to look around on the map, if I select a POI or one of my places (by placing the cursor on it and pressing OK) then when I press the page/done button, I get sent back to looking at my current location.

Is there a way round this? I haven't yet discovered a setting for it, and I can't see any other way of leaving the details for the loction I selected other than pressing that button.

I kind of expected to be able to move around the map, look at the details of things and stay looking at the same part of the map, not being sent back to my starting point after looking at each one.

Also, as soon as I move the pointer away from the current location, I see a black bar at the bottom of the screen with latitude and longitude and the distance from where I am. That's great, but how do I make it go away again? It just seems to stay there, taking up space, for as long as I have the pointer on a different part of the map than where I am now. Is there a way to make that black bar close with a button press, or maybe time out?
elsinga
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pressing PAGE from the map screen with your pointer panned away ALWAYS takes you back to your current location. And while you are panned away, the black bar with info is displayed (and thus PAGE will get rid of it).

GPS V FAQ Quest FAQ
Home @ N 52"55.812', E 05"51.509'
Andy2No
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I was hoping there was a way to change that behaviour but thanks for confirming that there isn't.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: