Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Uniformity of Screen Brightness?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Uniformity of Screen Brightness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homeslice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Uniformity of Screen Brightness? Reply with quote

Hello again all!

Well, I was planning to get a c320 after trying to decide between it and an i3/i5, but with the big sales right after Thanksgiving here in the US, I found an i5 at a local shop with a one day, $100 discount making it $100 cheaper than the c320. So i5 it is!!

Anyway, I took it out and played with it a bit yesterday. The only thing I am concerned about is that the screen is significantly brighter on the left hand side. I know it is a side-lit TFT, but I have had a bunch of TFT screens that were much more uniform in brightness than this.

Is this common on these units? Or is mine the only one? Should I swap her out for a different one?
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi homeslice

I have never seen the i5 operating but i own an i3 & the screen is spot on, as far as i am aware the i5 & the i3 are exactly the same apart from the internal memory & colour of case. It sounds as if it's a faulty unit,return it for a new one i think.
homeslice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, where it really shows up is on the initial warning screen and in some of the menus.

I am wondering if what I am seeing is really an intentional shading of the background - A gradient between lighter and darker colors.

I see the screenshot of the warning screen looks the same as mine at the review site: http://www.gpsinformation.org/i3/i3.html

Look about half way down the page at the screenshot in the middle of the warning page. That is what it looks like.
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine using Garmin xImage & it seems to be brighter on the right side.

homeslice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MELennium, are you in night mode? That is a totally different color than mine or the screen shot in the review. It looks opposite.

Actually, I really doubt that screen inconsistancies or imperfections would show up in a screen shot. The screen shot is based on what the software is telling the screen to display. What you see is what the screen is actually displaying....
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was night mode sorry, here's day mode & the light does seem to come from the left & in menus but navigation mode or view map mode it does look fine.

homeslice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.

So I think what I was seeing was intentional gradience of color in the wallpaper/background image.

Now I will need to change my userID because I am a idiot and have proven the fact in this thread. Rolling Eyes

Not again....On yet another board....

:D
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeslice

No need to hide, thats what the forums here for, to help one another understand all this gps stuff. We are all learning some wonderful things here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: