Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Directions to Le Mans
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Directions to Le Mans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr2man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Directions to Le Mans Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am new to GPS and have recently purchased a i3, very impressed so far. In June I will be joing the UK trek to Le Mans for the annual 24 hr race and would like to use my i3. I have looked on the internet at the City Select Europe V7 and all the places I want are there but I cannot find them on my i3. Am I doing something wrong or is Europe not available.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Chris
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an e-mail from Garmin a while ago to a member called Gary.

Quote:
Posed a similar question to Garmin US and got a better response to ... map availability/compatibility - please see:
Quote:

Hello Gary,

There will be additonal regions for Europe to purchase. These will be available soon but there is no confirmed shipping date. To be honest 2 weeks time is unlikely for you.

You could purchase city select Europe via an automotive kit say for our GPS MAP 60c. This will have City Select Europe maps on CD ROM which will enable you to use on your unit. YOu will need to also purchase a blank mirco SD card from a computer/camera shop. The Automotive kit RRP at 186.48.

The pre programmed cards will RRP at £76.66 ex VAT each.

The regions will be split down to 8 regions with France and Benelux being one of them.

Thank you.

If you have any further questions please let me know.
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Calais take autoroute (E402)south past Boulogne towards Abbeville and stay on E402 towards Rouen as you approach Rouen you go down hill through tunnel onto a ring road. After a mile or so get into right hand lane and look out for sign above to LeMans take sharp bend to right looping down under the dual c ring road and follow road through industrial area for about 4 miles to roundabout with glass fibre cows grazing on it. Straight on at roudabout over next one and loop right following E402 past castle like ruins on right takings signs for Alencon and LeMans. Turning to Alencon is to the left after you come off the autoroute onto A type road. fast A type road towards Alencon, just follow Alencon signs and you will see LeMans signs.
Route from Calais is the best "petrol head" route as you will see all your dream cars on route. Be warned French Pigs are out in force to bag Brits for nice hefty fines for three or four days before the race. Touch a white line avoiding the kids taking pictures of the exotic motors slowing for junctions and roudabouts and one of up to 50 policemen will nab you even if you are not speeding!
No joking they get will get you if you breathe to quickly so watch speed and how you drive.
If you need Sat Nav to find LeMans the week before the race, your eyes are so bad you shouldn't be on the road.
I will be in the paddock race week and on the pit wall for the finish again hopefully:-)
mr2man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Le Mans Reply with quote

cantgetlost wrote:
From Calais take autoroute (E402)south past Boulogne towards Abbeville and stay on E402 towards Rouen as you approach Rouen you go down hill through tunnel onto a ring road. After a mile or so get into right hand lane and look out for sign above to LeMans take sharp bend to right looping down under the dual c ring road and follow road through industrial area for about 4 miles to roundabout with glass fibre cows grazing on it. Straight on at roudabout over next one and loop right following E402 past castle like ruins on right takings signs for Alencon and LeMans. Turning to Alencon is to the left after you come off the autoroute onto A type road. fast A type road towards Alencon, just follow Alencon signs and you will see LeMans signs.
Route from Calais is the best "petrol head" route as you will see all your dream cars on route. Be warned French Pigs are out in force to bag Brits for nice hefty fines for three or four days before the race. Touch a white line avoiding the kids taking pictures of the exotic motors slowing for junctions and roudabouts and one of up to 50 policemen will nab you even if you are not speeding!
No joking they get will get you if you breathe to quickly so watch speed and how you drive.
If you need Sat Nav to find LeMans the week before the race, your eyes are so bad you shouldn't be on the road.
I will be in the paddock race week and on the pit wall for the finish again hopefully:-)

Thanks for the great reply and the detailed reply.
I was there this year with my brother and we were in one of the convoys of dream cars (boy it was hot), ferry already booked for 2006 and booking form sent to the ACO.
I do not need the i3 to get to the race but having been told it has French maps on it I thought I'd take a look.
Looking forward to the race, the count down has started.......
Chris
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeMans 24 rocks. I3 french speed trap database might alow a bit of naughty fun. But our friendly oh so loveable gendarmes would miss out on their Xmas bonus if they relied on speed cameras!
If MaFt could do a variety of various ferry port to LeMans routes with speed trap alarm boinging constantly all along the routes when you go above 20mph the French police would be penniless.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: