Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Impressed.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Impressed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonfF2005
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Impressed. Reply with quote

Impressed, why you may ask?!?

Firstly I am impressed with this site, everything you want and need to know about SatNav is here and everyone has excellent ideas and helpful tips.

Secondly Impressed with the I3.

Ok so I have only had it 2 days, but since then I have done 50 odd miles (which included 3 short and one long journey).

My reason for purchase was that I am an ardent Notts County Fan (Laughing Out Loud I hear from every1 Laughing ) and travel to nearly all away games, I intend to use this as my guides to grounds but also local resteraunts and services. I'm off to Bristol on Saturday and this will be its biggest test so far on my part.

I bought the I3 soley on posts in this site, I was waying up the I3 with a Cable and Wireless model and another one (can't remember what it was) All I can say was £169 from Argos was one of the best purchases I have made. I can honestly say no bad things about it.

There are some rather funny things tho, which make me laugh more than anything. For instance, on my route home there is a large park with an island at its entrance, the I3 always seems to want me to go into the park at the island, to be honest I never have tried it but it would be interesting to see where it takes me as there are no roads through the park.

The other thing that was confusing at first is the speech says point 3 miles etc, I would have rather it said yards for less than 1 mile, but you get used to it.

I know its been mentioned in other threads but are there any POI's for services on motorways and a list of Pertrol stations on major A roads would also be a good idea. I think the detor option could be improved slightly so that you could set a minimum distance for the detor, say 1, 5, 10, 15 miles. But i tend to press detor and forget the speach trying to take me back to where I was and then just listen when I feel I am further away from the incident or delay.

Anyway first post, outta the way. Good work guys!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Impressed. Reply with quote

JonfF2005 wrote:

I know its been mentioned in other threads but are there any POI's for services on motorways

http://www.getoutguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/poidownloads/

pick what you need..
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the i3 has petrol stations built in. go to 'where to', 'fuel'. if you select one of them while navigating it will ask if you want to set it as a 'via point' if you say yes, it will take you there then carry on with your route.

MaFt
gottai3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my i3 less than a week too and I'm impressed too. it does everything that I'd expect. There are a couple of quirks, for instance yesterday I used it to go to Wigan. It told me to leave the M6 at J25 and drive down a long slip road. As I entered the slip it said drive 0,8 of a mile to roundabout. About 0.4 mile later it said turn left (there were no turnings at all), then seem to regain contriol and said enter round about in 0.2 of a mile Laughing Out Loud.

I am also impressed with Garmin. Yes there are one or two bugs in the unit software, but they seem to be very fast to sort them out.
gottai3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say... That I'm very impressed with this forum too. Every question that I could think of is here.. and almost all of the answers :D

I have just downloaded the latest speed camera files dated 30th October 2005 from

http://pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
JeffG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Impressed. Reply with quote

JonfF2005 wrote:
The other thing that was confusing at first is the speech says point 3 miles etc, I would have rather it said yards for less than 1 mile, but you get used to it.

Well, since it's an American product it would be feet rather than yards. Which would you prefer, 1500 feet or 0.3 miles? I know which I prefer.

Also, your trip odometer reads in tenths of a mile, anyway.

Jeff.
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is some poi.s with all the football grounds that will help the footy fans

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: