Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which GPS hardware does the Garmin C320 use?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which GPS hardware does the Garmin C320 use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Which GPS hardware does the Garmin C320 use? Reply with quote

I am generally happy with GPS reception on My streetpilot C320. I was wondering, which GPS hardware the unit uses. Is it a Sirfstar unit?
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rossb

Streetpilot c320 & c330 do not use Sirfstar as Garmin only came to an ageement with Sirfstar on August 30th this year & your unit was announced in January this year.
gcb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More to the point, do the C310, etc range use the same hardware as the I2,I3,I5 or do they use better hardware that gives faster response times etc.

I.e Other than the touch screen is there any reason you would want to pay the extra and buy a c310 when you could save £100 and buy an I3.
rossb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually get a lock within 45 seconds, although it did once take 3 minutes, possibly due to local interference.

How is data input on the I series?, do you use some kind of individual letter selection. That would annoy me, I much prefer a virtual keyboard, with auto completing text.

There is the obvious benefit of the larger screen for map viewing. I would say the C320 screen is about as small as I would want to go. Can you view a browse map on the I series? I love being able to view a browse map and set my own waypoints.

The built in rechargeable battery on the C series is a bonus too, I dont like having to use AA batteries.

I think if you need to decide on the Iseries/C series, you should see them in a shop. You have to decide if you can deal with the smaller I series screen.

I think the I series is a good thing for GPS users, as it introduces many new customers, who could not previously afford GPS.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: