Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera, Cant view them?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera, Cant view them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisgronow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera, Cant view them? Reply with quote

Right this is my first post on here! I've bought the i3 and so far so good!
I've managed to get all the POIs and safety cameras into one long list in the custom section.
I want to be able to see the all gatso's etc all the time even when i'm not navigating. I'm looking at the map now and I cant see any on there even when I zoom out. The only way I can see them on the map is when I chose a camera as my destination!
Will they appear when using the map for ordinary driving?

Thanks,
Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
trueno86
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it'll come up with a warning and a beep if you're near the speed limit
will make a continuous beep if you are over the speed limit
trueno86
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damm, didnt mean to send last reply so soon...
seems to a bit random whether the symbol shows on the map while you're driving, sometimes I see the symbol, sometimes I don't
but you always get the warnings when approaching them anyway
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Safety Camera, Cant view them? Reply with quote

chrisgronow wrote:
Right this is my first post on here! I've bought the i3 and so far so good!
I've managed to get all the POIs and safety cameras into one long list in the custom section.
I want to be able to see the all gatso's etc all the time even when i'm not navigating. I'm looking at the map now and I cant see any on there even when I zoom out. The only way I can see them on the map is when I chose a camera as my destination!
Will they appear when using the map for ordinary driving?

Thanks,
Chris.

Have you tried driving past one to see what happens 'live' so to speak. I find that it depends on your speed to get different warnings. One thing for sure, you will not pass them without knowing it.
chrisgronow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies, Maybe I should have actually gone out there and tried it! Just expected to see them thats all. Will give it a go tommorow and see what happens,
Many thanks,
Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vdub
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've noticed that only 20 mph and redlight cameras show up, no 30mph at all, not sure what about rest of them but yes there is a sound alert but I'm finding it too confusing especially in areas with lots of cameras.
Since red light and 2mph show on the map why rest of them not? there must be some kind of bug??? isn't it?
the formula for poi seems to be fairly simple, file_name.cvs matches file_name.bmp maybe warth checking if bmp formats are the same.
anyway, I'd like to see them on the map too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: