Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
resarf: I didn't ask you not to try to resolve your software problems, just don't discuss illegal software on this forum.

Everyone uses it. So do we have to communicate in nudges or something?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we don't *have* to communicate about stolen goods at all. If you don't agree with that - go elsewhere.
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that there are two issues here:

1. Regarding the use of stolen software which I guess is now a closed discussion.

2. How to get and re-install the Maps that come ready installed on the trans-flash card.

If memory serves me right you should be able to get an unlock code from Garmin to enable you to re-install the same version of maps that you originally purchased.

I guess you just need to prove your entitlement to the unlock code which, presumeably you can do by quoting your serial and/or registration number.

There have been a number of posts querying what would happen if the maps need to be re-installed but I don't ever remmeber reading a definitive answer.
hucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
No, we don't *have* to communicate about stolen goods at all. If you don't agree with that - go elsewhere.

50% of this forum appears to be about evading speed traps. It's illegal to speed. So clamp down on those conversations too.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hucker: Could you please read the forum rules at
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22606
hucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes I know, you're a stickler for the law. So back to my question - why are you allowing discussion of speed trap evasion?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own this website and I don't make the rules here. There will be no discussions of illegal or stolen software on this site as long as the forum rules don't allow these discussions.
If you have any more deeply philosophical questions, you can ask Darren or Mike.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hucker wrote:
Yes yes I know, you're a stickler for the law. So back to my question - why are you allowing discussion of speed trap evasion?

as 'safety' cameras are located at 'danger' areas, then it is good to know when your are approaching a known (at least to the emergency services) danger area, you are able to check your driving speed and respond accordingly. I know of several mobile and fixed safety camera sites that have been the location of fatal accidents, and I for one am glad they are there. When I am driving in a new part of the country I am glad that this information is pointed out to me. The AA has seen fit to inform the driving public of this information and I commend them for doing so.
hucker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trajet wrote:
as 'safety' cameras

I call them cash machines - £90 million a year!

Trajet wrote:
are located at 'danger' areas, then it is good to know when your are approaching a known (at least to the emergency services) danger area, you are able to check your driving speed and respond accordingly. I know of several mobile and fixed safety camera sites that have been the location of fatal accidents, and I for one am glad they are there. When I am driving in a new part of the country I am glad that this information is pointed out to me.

We all know this is an excuse to make detectors legal. If you were really keen on keeping safe, you'd drive at the speed limit all the time.

BTW, what happened about that trial of GPS type things mounted on every car so they could charge us tax as we drive? This has a worrying speed detection possibility to it.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: