Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I get POI's to show up?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get POI's to show up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: How do I get POI's to show up? Reply with quote

Ok, so I understand that they need to be added manually on the POI loader to be able to viewed on the map whilst navigating, but do I need to edit the .csv file or not first.

For example (it's midnight here so I am prob making no sense), if I want to show the ASDA POI's the whole time do I just add manually and click on "has prox values" (or whatever it says), and then just choose say 400ft as the distance.

or do I need to go into the .CSV file and make changes to every single entry to add a @ ? entry.

Someone please help, I think I'm almost there....

Cheers,

chris
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed Garmin about this:

Dear Garmin, I would be very grateful if you could please guide me on how to get the custom POIs icons to show up on the navigation screen. I am having no problem in displaying custom POIs with proximity alerts (only on approaching them above the speed limit) but non of the icons of POIs with NO proximity alerts are showing up. A lot of my custom POIs (all but speed cams) don't have proximity alerts and I am unsure on what to do to get their icons to show up in the "view map" or "where to " modes. Thanks for your
help.

And Garmin's reply:

It is not possbile to have POI's show up on the screen when navagating. It is only possible to see the POI's on the map when selecting the POi from the custom POI's list then go to "show on map" option.

No mention of setting proximity alerts for POIs without ones. I would have thought that setting these using the manual mode as you described should do the trick but haven't tried it yet. I may have a go this weekend. Hope this helps. :P
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW it is unkikely (unless I am mistaken) that you would need to add a speed limit entry (e.g. @0) to the .csv file as long as you have set the proximity alerts using POI loader. Other members of the forum could correct me if I am wrong.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: