Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map 835.2419 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map 835.2419 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a poster in a US forum that reports, although he selected the memory card on a 630, that the new NA map got written to BOTH the card and internal.

This is not a good thing...........

The OP was good enough to provide screen captures in the thread. See this link

Last edited by dhn on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. All went so well until the device rebooted, rebooted, rebooted again...

Remove mapsettings.cfg and now it hardly does anything. If i can get it past the splash screen it gets no signal and if i connect to TT HOme it recognises it but Update My Go says LOADING... but no animation or activity...

Crying or Very sad

Deleted all loose file in the unit root and then reinstalled NavCore 8.370. 20 seconds after switch on 5 bars out of 5!!
tilyymolly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated here with no problems at all. Has kept the favourites as well.
Sean16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the loop problem after replacing the mapsettings.cfg so I removed mapsettings.cfg then replaced with same mapsettings.cfg file but then clicked on operate my Go in home and all was working ok removed my GO530 from computer and again all was fine.
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
If any of you are considering a new memory card to increase storage space for the new maps get one from a reliable source which excludes E-Bay where there are numerous reports of cheap fake cards being sold. Also remember the go-x20, go-x30 can use SDHC cards upto and including 32GB in capacity, the go-x40 units can also use SDHC cards upto 32GB in capacity but they need the microSD size card to fit - Mike

Where does this info come from? I have a x40 series device and the TomTom site says they only support micro-SD cards up to 4GB and the manual describes it as a Micro-SD slot not a micro-SDHC slot.

Obviously I want to make sure I buy the right card!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my 940 has an 8GB Micro SDHC card in it and it works fine - Don't just believe everything that it says on the TT web site as the information is probably out of date - Mike
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricWB wrote:
J
Interestingly the mapsettings.cfg file has been retained and checking its dates via properties it suggests it was saved and re-installed by the application, so my favourites still work OK.

yep, same here. Just done a 150 mile round trip and all favs and warnings are still in place.
The missing 'tlx' file or whatever it was doesn't seem to have knackered anything, it all went well.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey,

I have only had my 940 for 3 months and it has been nothing but complete hassle. And here we are upgrading our maps only to find NOTHING has changed and in the effort to update the maps Tomtom has helped us b*gger up the unit. I really have better things to do with my time.

So...now the rant is over...do I just delete the mapsettings.cfg and reboot the device? When it is working again can i then just copy the back up of that file back over to my device?

I will take a look at using my back up to save my Favourites as POIs but I prefer having them as Favourites so I can bring up the favourites list by voice command... Not that the device actually navigates to a favourite you ask it to go to.

What a pile of junk.

HD doesn't tell me of closed roads.
Device keeps freezing.
Map Update has now broken the device.
Doesn't seem like TT make much effort to implement new road layouts on these updates.
Navigate to favourites doesn't work properly.
I was asked to upgrade to a Beta Home which won't let me remote operate the unit.

What else can we add to this list?
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

I have calmed down a bit, Laughing Out Loud!

I have deleted the .cfg file and, having lost everything, used the back up to make the POI of favourites.

When I connect back to HOME it sits checking for updates but doesn't bring up any results. Anything I can now do to fix that?

EDIT: Rebooted the device and fully shut down TT HOME and they now seem to be talking to each other properly. Now to set the Speed Cam alerts back up. Sad

Thanks! Very Happy[/b]

Last edited by aerotec on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:

Where does this info come from? I have a x40 series device and the TomTom site says they only support micro-SD cards up to 4GB and the manual describes it as a Micro-SD slot not a micro-SDHC slot.

Obviously I want to make sure I buy the right card!

Where does it say that? Laughing
The only TomTom webpage I know of with a memory card chart (HERE) is typically vague and looks like they tacked the bit about the x40 models and microSD cards onto it at a later date. It doesn't mention sizes of microSD at all and the only mentions of sizes are a line about SD (up to 4 GB) and the sentence that says to make sure you're using the latest application version to use SDHC cards of 8 GB or more (on models that can use SDHC).

Wikipaedia says
microSD cards with sizes over 2GB are only available as SDHC cards, which kind of implies that SDHC micro cards MUST be compatible with the TT's.

The experiences of many people on the forums would suggest that's true having used at least 16GB ones.

The final confuson is that the NAME of the little cards is "MicroSD"... there's no such thing as a "MicroSDHC" card, even if they use HC technology.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:

When I connect back to HOME it sits checking for updates but doesn't bring up any results. Anything I can now do to fix that?

Wait?
The latest versions of Home have a super new method of fetching data which takes so long it looks like Home has crashed or hung.
I've been waiting for several minutes sometimes.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
aerotec wrote:

Wait?
The latest versions of Home have a super new method of fetching data which takes so long it looks like Home has crashed or hung.
I've been waiting for several minutes sometimes.

Thanks Andy, got it working now. The green scroll bar showing it was searching wasn't even there so it was like the search wasn't properly starting up.

Almost finished restoring my device after updating the map...a super seamless efficient process that has only taken me a couple of hours of faffing about! So glad I have 7 more of these to go with my 24 month map update! Very Happy

PS: How do I find out the end date of the map update or is it just 24 months from the date the device was first used?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:

Thanks Andy, got it working now. The green scroll bar showing it was searching wasn't even there so it was like the search wasn't properly starting up.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that... On mine it usually manages to appear, but doesn't move! Rolling Eyes
Antoeknee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I must be lucky. Installed Home 2.7, no problems. Installed latest map today again no problems.

Using a TT500 and app is v7.9 seems like most of the issues here are related to app v8.xx
Montala
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the latest maps are available for download under the 'Latest Map Guarantee' offer yet please?

I would also like to know if there are any anticipated problems updating a new IQ Routes Edition ONE... has anyone tried one of these yet, out of interest?

Although I have had one for nearly a month now, it is still in its shrink wrapped box! Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: