Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 1 V4 Poi ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 1 V4 Poi ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: tomtom 1 V4 Poi ? Reply with quote

Hi,is it possible to add my own custom poi file onto my ONE V4 ASSIST Question I have it on my pc can i transfer it onto the tom tom.

I have been searching the web and i can't believe that tom tom have omitted the custom poi categories from a brand new model,this is terrible i have just purchasefd a 1 V4 and thought it would be up to date(how wrong was i) Embarassed

I use tomtom unit for work and now it's virtually useless ATM Embarassed

I know there is a program or code to add your own poi category ,but i don't wanna mess up my tomtom Exclamation is there a different way around it?
OR TOMTOM give us our custom poi back,whats the point of a GPS unit with no CUSTOM POI CATEGORIES Question Rolling Eyes
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless i am missing something don't you just copy the OV2 file and BMP file to the map folder?
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried a ONE (V anything) but...

Have you tried the "usual" way of adding custom POIs?

That is:
Copy the .ov2 (and any associated .bmp and .ogg) files into the map directory of the device. This directory's name will depend on the mapping you have (e.g. Western_Europe). If you are using .bmp and/or .ogg then the file names must EXACTLY match - including upper/lower case.

You should then be able to see the POI category when you go into manage POI (for example).

Certainly Page 20 of the ONE user manual implies that you can create POIs on the device! Worth a read as there is an advisory in the manual about being unable to access manage POIs until you have done something else!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the newer One devices have a limited menu and have dropped the full Manage POI options from the menu, you can still use the "Warn When Near POI" and Navigate to POI is available so most functionality is there, its just not capable to add POI Categories while actually using the device on the road!
Putting a custom Menu on the device will often cure this issue and you get the missing menu page back, but you can certainly add POI files to the map folder on your device via your PC - Mike
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks ,I didn't realise i could still add my own files to the map folder Very Happy thats great advice Very Happy still no add poi category when on the road which is a shame,i guess i will have to use the favourites then make a poi category when i have to many Very Happy I must have the LS model as in cars as opposed to the SRI model Crying or Very sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike007 wrote:
ok thanks ,I didn't realise i could still add my own files to the map folder Very Happy thats great advice Very Happy still no add poi category when on the road which is a shame,i guess i will have to use the favourites then make a poi category when i have to many Very Happy I must have the LS model as in cars as opposed to the SRI model Crying or Very sad

Have a look at my post HERE - Manage POI files on a ONE v4

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: