Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Odyssey Mobile 4 review comments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Odyssey Mobile 4 review comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Odyssey Mobile 4 review comments Reply with quote

Semsons.com have asked us to review the new version 4.0 of Odyssey Mobile. Since we didn't know the old version (was there ever one?) or the program itself for that matter, and we are always on the lookout for new competitors in the mobile navigation space (and for new ideas they might have) we gladly agreed. Thanks to Carlon from Semsons for providing the review unit.

The availability of a three day demo version and the option to download all the maps via the web are a distinguishing feature of Odyssey.

Read the review here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/odyssey.php

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
BrianG07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: "600" label Reply with quote

The "600" is actually a "60D" exit number and the "600" label next to it looks like a bed that probably represents a hotel.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could well be the case. How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
BrianG07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: "600" label Reply with quote

Probably just a couple of seconds. It seems to make the most sense to me. As far as the "600" goes, you'll see a 60B just below it which instantly told me that the last "0" looks more like a "D" and both should ideally represent exit numbers. Of course, the exits right by my house are 40A and 40B, so I'm used to seeing that, but I've seen that in many other locations. I agree that the software isn't "clear" enough for the size screen that it is on.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: