Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PI's for tomtom's ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PI's for tomtom's ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nudda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: PI's for tomtom's ? Reply with quote

I used to own a Garmin i3 and one of the guys in the Garmin forums made a very extensive and useful list of POI's that could be added onto the i3. I am wondering if there is a similar list (for the UK) for the tomtom ? I couldnt find it Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look HERE scroll to the bottom for the UK POI for TomTom, please be aware there is a limit of 39 custom warnings in TTN5 so don't simply add everything of some won't show up leading to confusion - Mike
nudda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXcellent thanks Mike. I dont think Ill have a problem installing them onto my 910 as theres plenty of room for them (?)

Also, how do I actually install these. I finally worked out how to add it to the i3 but now I need to learn how to do it for this Laughing Out Loud

Last but not least, I hear everyone about them updating their tomtoms to 6.14 ... Ive plugged mine in and hooked it up to tomtom home but cant update. Can you enlighten me on how to update ?

Once I know, hopefully I will be able to help someone out in the future Smile

Thanks again !
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 910 there is still a limit, but its around 100 IIRC, you might find the icons only show up in black and white on the 910, this is due to colour depth, you can alter this using paintshop or similar - if you need more info give me a shout, its not too difficult.

As for loading and configuring the POI's have a read of my Camera installation guide for the 910HERE the same principles apply for loading any POI to the 910.

For an update make sure the PC is connected to the internet, dock the 910 and power it up, when asked to "Connect to Computer" press Yes.
When the Home application starts it should look for an update and download it automaticaly, if it isn't doing this go to the top left of the Home screen where you will find a Blue box containing a spanner icon, click this and make sure the checkbox labeled "Check for updated content when I am logged in and my TomTom device is connected to the computer".

To check what version you are using on the 910 simply tap the sat strength meter (lower Right of the main screen) and the version number will be displayed - Although I am not too sure the vs6,14 is what you want, I think that is intended for the older Go devices, having just checked the TomTom site the latest would appear to be 6,11 for the 910, there is some additional information HERE hope that helps - Mike
nudda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

top stuff Mike - Thats excellent !

Thanks very much. I will have a play around in just a while and let you know if any obstacles arise.

Thanks once again !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: