Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 2 Emails
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 2 Emails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

Hmmm, their phone rung and rung and then I got 10 seconds of Dutch and then they hung up or were cut off before I could say hello - I give up. Wonder if there is any way that they could make this a less pleasureable experience ?
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

What's in alphabetical order? I've had my email and order has gone through. Forename=S, Surname=R, email=C.

I think I've just answered my own question
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Well, I got another voucher emailed by TomTom today (no explanation or apology). Itried this one and guess what? - it also errored out at the payment stage - "The specified order cannot be found, or the order is already paid. "      What the **** ?

Think I'll phone them.

MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

Actually I called TomTom and they told me that what they have done is that they will not do it on a first come first serve basis but on a Aphabethical order, so if your name in the beginning of the alphabeth than you are lucky, for the rest of us they are trying to get all the e-mails out by Friday. they will not do any checks for received cd's before End of day Friday.

Hope this helps

MrLondon
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Scott on 02 April 2003Grrr...

I sent my CD using 'International signed for' within hours of the updgrade being announced and I still haven't received the email voucher.

All the post office's tracking service can tell me is that my parcel has been handed to the overseas postal agency for delivery. I suspect it might have got there quicker if I'd flushed it in the hope that it floated.

The whole upgrade scheme is bizarre.

The whole Royal Mail system is poor as well. They have far too many different tarrifs and the staff at sub post offices generally haven't a clue. The faffing about they have to do is rediculous. Even the simplest thing usually requires sticking on of stamps to certificates and then cancellation with rubber stamps, logging into books and filling out of address of sender and/ or receipient. They need taken over by DHL or Fedex straight away.

Sorry I'm getting way off topic now - rant over.
Scott
Regular Visitor

Grrr...

I sent my CD using 'International signed for' within hours of the updgrade being announced and I still haven't received the email voucher.

All the post office's tracking service can tell me is that my parcel has been handed to the overseas postal agency for delivery. I suspect it might have got there quicker if I'd flushed it in the hope that it floated.

The whole upgrade scheme is bizarre.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm sure you'll love it!
rwbthatisme
Occasional Visitor

Just to update you (and not gloating), DHL have just dropped a nice little package on my desk!

ActiveSync here we go!

Well done TomTom 5 stars for prompt delivery.
ChrisH
Occasional Visitor

Also posted on 20th and still waiting. Have emailed TT but no response yet

Chris
ChrisH
Occasional Visitor

Hurrah - finally received my email acknowledging receipt of CD, with discount voucher this afternoon (after posting the CD on the 20th)!. Now seemingly ordered OK on the web page - says delivery in 3-5 working days - so sounds like next week now. A pity as a trip away this weekend would have bewen ideal to test it.

Perhaps the delay has been worth it as I haven't had to struggle with 2.0 and can move straight to 2.01

Chris (feeling much better!)
Scott
Regular Visitor

I give in.

I phoned TomTom again this morning and was left on hold for 10 minutes waiting for support. I tried again and was told to send an email!

I'm afraid that's it as far as I'm concerned. They've had my CD for getting on for four weeks now. Still no email voucher and they haven't even acknowledged a single email I've sent.

If they can't be ar$ed, neither can I.
topgearuk
Occasional Visitor

I am also still waiting patiently, I sent my disk back to them on the 20th March by signed for Royal mail and have heard nothing since.

I haven't phoned or emailed yet, as people are not being answered anyway by the sounds of things.

ChrisH
Occasional Visitor

No - i'm still (fairly) patiently waiting. Sent a couple of unanswered emails, haven't phoned them yet

Chris
Scott
Regular Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Scott on 09 April 2003

Phoned TomTom this morning to chase things up.

Was informed that they've been inundated with upgrade forms and that if I haven't received the email voucher by next Monday to call them back.

On the plus side, that gives them another few days to finish developing it.

Well Friday has come and gone so unless TomTom are working over the weekend, that means another call on Monday.

Am I the only one still waiting for an email voucher?
stuartm
Lifetime Member

Quote: Originally posted by Scott on 09 April 2003

Phoned TomTom this morning to chase things up.

Was informed that they've been inundated with upgrade forms and that if I haven't received the email voucher by next Monday to call them back.

That's encouraging, I tried to phone them yesterday and got no answer, I've sent them three emails that they can't be bothered to answer. I was starting to wonder if they'd gone out of business.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: