Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 2 Emails
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 2 Emails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrLondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

I must be one of the only people who have not yet received the voucher code. Checked yesterday with Royal Mail and my CD arrived in Amsterdam on Friday last week, so surely it must have arrived at TomTom by now. I want this stupid e-mail
oisky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 2 Emails Reply with quote

Exactly the same as Mcdig !!!!!!
Mcdig
Occasional Visitor

I must be one of the lucky ones then.

My voucher was sat waiting in my inbox when I got home at 6.30pm. Logged onto the Tomtom site with the link in the e-mail and my code was already entered for me!

Hassle free all the way and received 2 e-mails from Tomtom at 6.47pm confirming my payment and order number.

Just have to wait for the CD now.
musicreative
Regular Visitor

*Still* waiting for my voucher code...
Dave
Frequent Visitor

David, glad you're finally getting somewhere. TomTom do respond, but don't very often. I requested a preview copy didn't receive a reply to my email and about 4 days later I found a CD dropped through my letterbox. TomTom do seem to rather not reply, where us Brits find non-replies in a sense kind of rude, I think it's either different in the Netherlands, or it's TomTom's policy to keep replies to a minimum.

John, sorry to hear that. Did you send it internationally signed for ?
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by thealbs on 31 March 2003

OK - update on my situation (I was original poster of this thread)....

GOOD NEWS - I received an emal advising me of the voucher code and a link to the upgrade page!

BAD NEWS - I went through the process and...it cancelled my order! APparently their serevr did not receive a positive authorisation (no, I do not have a bad credit rating and have sued the credit car on other sites succcessfully since!), so they stopped the transaction.

Not only that, but the voucher code has now been used so I can't go through the process again. Have TomTom never heard of transaction-consistency in their IT systems?????

I DESPAIR.

Me TOO. Did you ever get this sorted out?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Still waiting for my official voucher too. Ho hum!
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Cessquill on 01 April 2003

COOL! It's here!

Didn't send CD back in registered post (long story) - ended up going normal. Email arrives, links work, payment details go.

Just waiting for confirmation email now. Won't post this until it arrives, since that would be tempting fate.

And, whoom - there it is.

Two down, just the one more to wait for.

Very good!

I am still waiting for an email reply as to why I couldn't pay today and can no longer use my voucher code. Its a nightmare of a system they have.
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

COOL! It's here!

Didn't send CD back in registered post (long story) - ended up going normal. Email arrives, links work, payment details go.

Just waiting for confirmation email now. Won't post this until it arrives, since that would be tempting fate.

And, whoom - there it is.

Two down, just the one more to wait for.
rwbthatisme
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by Talkingbollox on 31 March 2003

I see the site is full of lawyers, accountants and (SH)IT consultants.........is there a Dutch postman in the house?

so yeah what of it! it pays the rent, and allows me to purchace lots og gps gear!
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

Good luck 3GGG. When things like that go well, they go very well. When they don't, they don't. Either that, or you're being stiched up by a mother of an April Fool.

I'm guessing they're using my CD as a coffee mat

no emails as of yet...
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by 3GGG on 01 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by 3GGG on 01 April 2003I received my upgrade email this morning, but so far no success in getting right through the actual on-line purchasing procedure. i get to the checkout OK then onto the payment screen where i choose the payment method and "There is a technical problem with the Payment Server. Please try again later. "       

jeez! Now when i try it says the voucher is invalid!!!

What kind of system are they running there? i really don't want an adventure game just to give them my credit card number.

Just received an email - Thank you for shopping at the TomTom Mail-Order store.

Your order has been received and awaiting further processing.

We will send you another mail with the status of your payment

once we have received a confirmation on this.

So... maybe I don't know, they haven't got my payment details yet...
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by 3GGG on 01 April 2003

I received my upgrade email this morning, but so far no success in getting right through the actual on-line purchasing procedure. i get to the checkout OK then onto the payment screen where i choose the payment method and "There is a technical problem with the Payment Server. Please try again later. "       

jeez! Now when i try it says the voucher is invalid!!!

What kind of system are they running there? i really don't want an adventure game just to give them my credit card number.
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

I received my upgrade email this morning, but so far no success in getting right through the actual on-line purchasing procedure. i get to the checkout OK then onto the payment screen where i choose the payment method and "There is a technical problem with the Payment Server. Please try again later. "       
thealbs
Occasional Visitor

hmmm...quite an apt name there pal.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: