Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SP1 Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SP1 Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stburch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SP1 Problems Reply with quote

Just downloaded SP1 on my 3420 Navman

It just doesn't work.

It takes longer to find the satilites (4-10 minutes).

When it does it will find 4 sats then go to 1 sat, go to 4 sats etc.

If you add a favorite destination, the signal gets lost completly.

I am fed up with this SP.

sterling
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: SP1 Problems Reply with quote

I'm seeing a similar problem, just can't obtain a fix on two Pocket PC's (same sleeve). There do seem to be issues with the re-release of SP1a.
gracar
Regular Visitor

I think I'm suffering from something similar - I had no problems with any of the previous revision levels of software - it seems to take longer to get a first fix (whether hot or cold) and when I set a destination I almost invariably lose the fix within the first five minutes of the journey. If I ignore it then I'm back on the air about ten minutes later. If I watch the GPS screen it's all over the place - rarely above four or five satellites and no consistentcy at all. Something would appear to have changed, for the worse, between the original SP1 and SP1a. Unless someone can explain the changes and suggest a solution I will probably drop back to an earlier revision - which does somewhat defeat the object of the exercise. So come on Navman - what did you change between SP1 and ST1a?
pann
Occasional Visitor

I have exactly the same problem as you Gracar!
pwwuk
Occasional Visitor

On the US site there is a warning :-

Navman GPS Sleeve requirements:

- Service Pack 1 requires Release 2.1.0 or higher.

Do not install Service Pack 1 if your sleeve is not Release 2.1.0 or higher

I cannot get SP1 to work, just won't fix, but GPS Info and Autoroute are fine.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I'm currently discussing this with Navman UK. My version comes out as blank, hence possibly why SmartST Pro SP1a will no longer work.
fogun
Occasional Visitor

I have loked at my version and its 2.1.1 M11325 BW A.

I still can't understand why I cannot get a TTFF fix on my H5450, but with iPAQ 3970 a fix is obtained within 2 mins
gracar
Regular Visitor

Mine is Version 2.1.2 and I purchased it as soon they were available in the UK so my guess is that the reason there is nothing on the UK website is that there are no units in the UK with a revision level earlier than 2.1.0
Dave
Frequent Visitor

When did you purchase yours Graham ? I purchased mine just after release in December 2001 and mine is 2.1.0 and am having severe problems (no fix).
fogun
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

I purchased mine April 2003, and the version is 2.1.1.

Fogun
gracar
Regular Visitor

Perhaps I should learn to read from the top. I am talking about my UK 3400 which I purchased at the end of September 2002 and not a US 3420. Is that the difference?

I have been running around with the GPS status screen in view for the fast few days and it's frightening how often it reverts back to 2D. I wish the original SP1 was still available so that I could relaod it and see if there is a difference.
gracar
Regular Visitor

...now I get it...this is, of course, the same sleeve as the 3000. It was only the software that changed. It's amazing how a bowl of cornflakes can get the brain back into 1st gear!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Graham,

>> I wish the original SP1 was still available so that I could relaod it and see if there is a difference. <<

I think I still have it on my hard disc (build 38). Give me a shout at TimBuxton@compuserve.com if that's what you want and I'll try to dig it out.

Samin
Occasional Visitor

I have been having similar problems:

I get a fix initially and then after 5 min the blue icon goes red. It takes then about 2 min to start up again..so i have not had a full journey without glitches.

Thanks Tim for build 38, i will let you know if there is any improvement.

My gear:

Ipaq 3950/ Navman 3400 in Vauxhall Astra
fogun
Occasional Visitor

If it would be of any consolation I have had similar problems as experienced above. I usually get my first fix in about 30 - 35mins. I had a replacement GPS sent to me and still experienced the same problems.

Guess What!!! The iPAQ H5450 was faulty. How am I to know?, because after waiting for 30 - 40mins I get a fix then navigation is like a dream.

As my unit was only 3 weeks old, I insisted on a replacement. After the unit was charged up and the Navman software installed, it just worked like a dream. My first fix was within a minute. (TTFF). I even get fixes inside the house as well.

I was fortunate that I had another h5450 and iPAQ 3970 to play with which worked. They were all about 3 weeks old and running the same version of software. It was only my unit that did not work.

I would not have suppected the iPAQ unit as all other software worked.

Is there any way to test the iPAQ hardware?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: