Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ERROR 2030 - Can’t install the new SP1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR 2030 - Can’t install the new SP1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thevis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ERROR 2030 - Can’t install the new SP1 Reply with quote

After having waited "for ages" for the new SP1 for the Navman 3400, it is finally there, and what happens ?

I cant install/download it, and I get an "Error 2030" message during step 2 in the installation proces, without any explanations at all. Reset does not change anything.

Any advice on what to do will be very welcome.

Regards,

Thevis
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ERROR 2030 - Can’t install the new SP1 Reply with quote

I suspect Navman need to do a little more testing. Which iPAQ model do you have ?
thevis
Occasional Visitor

I have an IPAQ 3660 with a 128 mb flash card.

Had the same problem with the first SP about a week ago.

Earlier I could not even install the maps, but had to copy it manually to the IPAQ as suggested elsewhere in this forum.

Help me out - someone else must have had similar problems ?.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Are you running Pocket PC 2002 or CE3 ?
thevis
Occasional Visitor

I am running Pocket PC 2002 (3.0.11171 build 11178) and

SmartST 1.91.0011

On the PC, I run WIN98 with ActiveSync 3.6
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've got a 3630 I'm going to upgrade today, I'll let you know if I experience the same problem.
thevis
Occasional Visitor

Problem solved !!!.

You CANT install the SP1 when the IPAQ is in the NAVMAN sleeve. And yes, I know the instructions tell you to removed the IPAQ from the sleeve before reset, but I never thought, that you could not put it back on again. After all, the sleeve is needed to mount the IPAQ properly in the craddle. Well, it's never too late to learn something new.
SimonB
Regular Visitor

Just for information thevis, there is a small button on the back of the Cradle which flicks up some rests inside the cradle - allowing you to mount the Ipaq without a Sleeve/Jacket.

If you put the Sleeve/Jacket back on and sync the Ipaq these rests are on springs and push back down.
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by SimonB on 25 April 2003... there is a small button on the back of the Cradle which flicks up some rests inside the cradle - allowing you to mount the Ipaq without a Sleeve/Jacket.

Thanks! I've never noticed that button before. I wondered why my Ipaq seemed to slop around in the cradle after first using a sleeve.

thevis
Occasional Visitor

Thanks everybody. Exactly my words - Kam.

Regards,

Thrvis

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: