Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NAVMAN GPS 3400 and Navigon 4 Softwar?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NAVMAN GPS 3400 and Navigon 4 Softwar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: NAVMAN GPS 3400 and Navigon 4 Softwar? Reply with quote

Hi Folks

I'm from Switzerland (Bern) and new in the "GPS-Business". So my questions may be a bit silly but an short answer would help me.

I get from a friend a Navman 3400 (hardware only) for my Ipaq 3870 Pocket PC. I bougt now the Navigator 4 Softwar from Navigon and I installed it. But, my Pocket PC does not reconised the GPS cradel. It comes first with " Card unknown pleas enter first the Name of the Equipment!

Question? Do I need software to install for the NAVMAN and when "YES" is there any short version to install the driver only? The back color of sat-icon is always red.

Many thank in advanced!

Regards Orlando
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to install this driver. Download it to your PC and run it from there after unzipping it, ensuring your iPAQ is connected using Activesync.
Orli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: NAVMAN and NAVIGON ç Reply with quote

Hello Tim
Many thanks for your fast replay.

I was installing the driver and it was looking very good till the end, my iPAQ pops up a setup window with the message: FAILED TO LOAD OPT PACK BUS DRIVER!!

And I still was not able to run the NAVMAN with the NAVIGON together.
Any more Ideas are appreciated.

Best Regards
Orlando
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the sleeve from the iPAQ, soft reset the iPAQ and try to install the driver again. Then soft reset again and plug it all back together.
Orli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tim,

Great news! Following your instructions, the driver is now properly installed. On the NAVIGON setup, in the GPS section, I selected now Receiver Typ “other receiver”, Com-Port “COM6: NavMan Driver” and the Baud rate ” 4800” to be on the save side.

I saved the setup, switched the iPAQ off an on again and did a soft reset. Starting the NAVIGON Software…….nothing happen, no GPS Signal and when I press on the Sat icon it tells me “No GPS-receiver was found, pleas check power and cables and the setup of the GPS configuration”!

Should I uninstall the Navigon 4 and reinstall it? I was also contacting the Help(less) desk at Navigon and they just told I have to check if the NAVMAN support the VTG or GGA protocol. But since I get the sleeve from a friend, I do not have any manuals and I can’t find on the NAVMAN homepage. Is this a problem with the protocol?

I was contacting the support of NAVMAN already two weeks ago and asking about Software (even if you are willing to pay some amount for the software)…. I think is worth it to tell you what I think of this “SUPPORT”.

Any other suggestion what I could do?

Sincerely
Orlando

PS: I’m outing myself as a softbiker (BMW K1200LT)
r4zv4n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with Ipaq 5450, Navman 3450 and Navigon 4
I have read somewhere that Navigon 4 requires a modified .ini file in order to work with Navman, but I do not have any further knowlege.
If somebody has the solution, please help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: