Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Just ordered TTN2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Just ordered TTN2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappy61
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Just ordered TTN2 Reply with quote

Just ordered TTN2, 3970, cf jacket with 256Mb and an sf121 from total pda. Having scanned the forum I am beginning to wonder if iiI have done the right thing. Last week the site was full of joy about TTN2 this week there's a lot of doom and gloom and unhappy people, but to be fair a lot of satisfied people. How does it work for some and not others?

I thought about cancelling but I think I will see how it pans out, if it don,t work properly - back it will go!

I will keep you posted
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Just ordered TTN2 Reply with quote

Generally with things like this, the unhappy users will tend to post their problems a lot more than the happy users. Although a product might sound bad because of the number of complaints, you have to take into account the bigger picture.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

Milan's hit the nail on the head there! There do appear to be some major issues with TTNav2 in certain configurations but others have had no issues at all and are very happy with it. Aside from the stability problem the one thing everyone's unhappy with is the Postcode implementation, it's a joke and useless. TT are allegedly working on a resolution to improve this.

The thing to remember is that there are so many people complaining because it is so popular, It has a huge userbase and hence everyone had high expectations of TTNav2 and some were dissappointed as a result. It's early days, no-one likes to be an unpaid beta tester but as with TTNav1 it will improve.

Kieran
Occasional Visitor

Graham, I too have just bought the full version without reading the comments on the forum - like you I thought the worse and indeed have encountered a few software crashes which cause some concern (3970). Not sure of total PDA's refund policy but would have thought it similar to my supplier who allows 14days for a full refund. However I like the software and think the imrovements make it a superb package - so I'll will give it another week before deciding to send it back or keep it and trust TT to fix the initial glitches asap.

Kieran
zappy61
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reassurances. I am just keeping an open mind I think with a project as big as the UK maps and the software there are bound to be glitches, as long as tom tom put them right as they appear I don't think it is too bad.

I will keep you posted
zappy61
Regular Visitor

finally got TTN2. Just a wood of caution on deliveries though,when the packages arrived by courier from total pda I signed for the packages without checking there and then. On opening them the cf jacket was short although on the invoice. I contacted steve macmahon at total pda and he despatched one but it took a further two days and a lot of chasing to get it! So be warned check your packages before the courier disappears although he won't like standing around while you do it.

Tried TTN2 yesterday for the first time on a proper 70 mile journey and everthing worked very well in facr better than that! No problems with my 3970 or the software I was cautiously very impressed. The sound from the 3970 was adquate but I got the sf121 transmitter which transmits the sound from the pda to a channel on the fm radio and the sound is amplified through the stereo speakers - very clever!

More practice today.
aero
Regular Visitor

Quote:

The sound from the 3970 was adquate but I got the sf121 transmitter which transmits the sound from the pda to a channel on the fm radio and the sound is amplified through the stereo speakers - very clever!

Can you tell us more about this graham? Where did you buy it, what set-up is it suitable for etc. it does sound good.

Thanks.
aero
Regular Visitor

Don't worry Graham, I've just found one on Expansys. Good value too.

I find out a lot on this forum, thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: