Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How out of date is the Map?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How out of date is the Map?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hasoodh1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: How out of date is the Map? Reply with quote

How out of date is the GB Map?

I have got a tomtom GO and I know the map data supplied with the the unit is well out of date V390 Gerat brittain, I have recently bought this product can anyone who has such knowledge when the update will be avaliable.

Kind Regards

Hossein soodharry
Sniff
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How out of date is the Map? Reply with quote

hasoodh1 wrote:
How out of date is the GB Map?

I have got a tomtom GO and I know the map data supplied with the the unit is well out of date V390 Gerat brittain, I have recently bought this product can anyone who has such knowledge when the update will be avaliable.

Kind Regards

Hossein soodharry

Depends what you mean by 'out of date'! v390 is the most up-to-date map available for the GO, so in that respect it's not out of date at all. General opinion is that there will be a new map release in 2Q05
Podie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't feature parts of the "new" A130…. Nothing like doing 70 over fields.. Laughing
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Podie wrote:
Well it doesn't feature parts of the "new" A130…. Nothing like doing 70 over fields.. Laughing

Just have to wait for the latest update,due this year, you'll more than likely have to pay for it though.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingernut777 wrote:

Just have to wait for the latest update,due this year, you'll more than likely have to pay for it though.

If the sayings 'the best things in life are free' and 'you get nothing for nothing' are true - we stand no chance!!

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
richardhurst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new map udate should be released on 1st march 2005. The pioneer sat nav system update is released then and that is by Tele Atlas as well
Podie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit, I think it's a bit of a shame that we have to pay for it… but then these people are in business to make money.

I'm off touring Europe later in the year, so I'll be buying the Maps of Europe on CD… but I'm putting it off as long as possiblr to ensure that I get THE latest maps for when I do go.

A clear policy from TomTom would certainly be of use… at least that way we'd know where we stand.
hasoodh1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thank you

I know V390 is the latest version of map data, I was just wondering how old is the map, to me it looks like it is at least 2-3 years old.
tomtomgone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the European maps are still 3.14 from what people have been saying, I would definitely find out if its possible to get 3.90 Europe maps before buying.
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasoodh1 wrote:
Yes thank you

I know V390 is the latest version of map data, I was just wondering how old is the map, to me it looks like it is at least 2-3 years old.

It could well be 2-3 years old, but it could "Still" be the latest available. Maps take quite sometime to make and produce, even paper maps ( remember them ) are never "Upto date" .

Roads, roudabouts, etc,etc are being built, extended, added to, and so on, every day, even as i write this, the slip road on the M6 junction 28, B5256 road in Clayton-le-Woods, is being altered

.On map version 314-390,it is correctly shown as it was before the alterations were started., the alterations probably won't show on GPS maps for 2-3 years, from when it's completed.

Now can you see the problem of "Upto Date mapping"
Sniff
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtomgone wrote:
Most of the European maps are still 3.14 from what people have been saying, I would definitely find out if its possible to get 3.90 Europe maps before buying.

I have mentioned this before, but I'd be cautious in such sweeping statements. I have v3.14 of the German maps, but it contains all the info on the roads around the new T2 at Munich airport which opened around 18 months ago.

I don't know if there's a v3.90 for Germany, but I don't see that it could be much more up to date than the one I currently have.
tomtomgone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniff wrote:
tomtomgone wrote:

I have mentioned this before, but I'd be cautious in such sweeping statements. I have v3.14 of the German maps, but it contains all the info on the roads around the new T2 at Munich airport which opened around 18 months ago.

I don't know if there's a v3.90 for Germany, but I don't see that it could be much more up to date than the one I currently have.

Yes you are right, I stand corrected, sorry. All I was trying to say is, if you can find out what map is on the CD, and you have a choice, obviously go with the 3.90
wolfy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: map version 398 Reply with quote

Hello! I have just bought the maps for Europe for Tomtom Go, and on the maps I have installed (France & Great Britain) both are version 398, so I can only assume this is THE latest version! I'm off to France in the week so I'm looking forward to seeing how Go does.[/i]
Habu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Podie wrote:

ditto the new A1 in North Yorkshire. I'll readily pay for a map update (I'm on 3.14 at the mo) but I'd like to know where the changes are when the new map comes out. I don't want to pay out if all the changes are only in the south of the UK for example. Perhaps Teleatlas could suggest where changes have been made. Dream on...

Habu
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TomTom follow their normal release programme as thay have with TomTom Navigator 1,2 and 3 over the last few years then we can expect an announcement in the next month or so (I would expect at CeBIT).

The normal "package" is a new application with additional functionality and the "latest" maps. For TomTom 3 this was a €49 upgrade if my memory is correct. The maps will probably be either from Q4 2004 or Q1 2005, this will all depend on the timing of the release. Assuming that they stay with Teleatlas.

This is all speculation on my part based on what has happened over recent years.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: