Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I install the speed camera database? Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I install the speed camera database? Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: How do I install the speed camera database? Help Reply with quote

I have tomtom 3 and a wired gps system thats attached to a hp rz1710, and I can't for the life of me work out how to install the speed camera database. Could someone please explain to me how to install this in very simple terms, I'm having a nightmare. Thank you ever so much for anyone who can help.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy, are you sure you have Tomtom Navigator 3? I ask because HP sell the TomTom HP Navigation Pack that contains a rz1710, TomTom Navigator HP Edition and a wired GPS Mouse.

The version of TomTom supplied with this pack is unique to this bundle and the instructions are slightly different!

Either way, you need to download the safety camera database and unzip it. Then copy the .ov2 and .bmp files to the Great_Britain map folder on the rz1710's storage card.

Unlike TomTom Navigator 3, the HP version has built-in support for POI alerts so there is no need to install a 3rd party alert utility.
wendy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is that bundle. I've tried to do what you said in your post but everytime I transfer the files onto my SD card it says that it is full. Do I need another SD card, only the one thats in is the Tom TOm one. Sorry to be so gormless its just this is doing my head in
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the SD Card supplied in the bundle is 128MB then yes you will need a larger card. 256MB SD cards are less than £20 these days.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: