Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What courier are TomTom using?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What courier are TomTom using?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oisky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: What courier are TomTom using? Reply with quote

I ask this because the latest email I recieved said "We have received a positive authorisation of your payment......" and then went on to show the total amount including P+P. But...no tracking number or name of company used to send CD or any useful info in fact! Have I yet to recieve a further email saying that my CD has been sent (maybe the payments gone through, but the softwares not sent yet?) or do I just hang tight and hope it turns up? If any of you have actually got your Navigator 2 disc can you put me out of my misery and answer the above questions?

Cheers
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: What courier are TomTom using? Reply with quote

You get another email telling you its been despatched and mine came via DHL.

Email arrived a 9.00pm Tuesday, DHL arrived with package at 9.50am Wednesday.

Ian
oisky
Regular Visitor

Its been 2 days since my last email - should it take that long between authorising and sending? (can you tell I really want nav2!!??)
NigelJ
Regular Visitor

I recieved an E-mail from TT informing me that my full package of TTN2 would be with me within the next four days this was dated 03 April - original order sent about midnight on the 31st March if that helps! I don't suppose that this includes the weekend!

NigelJ
rwbthatisme
Occasional Visitor

I may have been lucky but I orderd last thing 31st March & it arrived 2nd April morning. I'd get on the phone and ask them if it hasn't arrived by Monday.

Good luck
Cessquill
Regular Visitor

They're using DHL? I got shipping email on Thursday (3 April), so I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Monday now.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

In the past I've ordered on a Friday and it's arrived on the Monday, guess freight travels at weekends even though Royal Mail won't deliver parcels!
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Still waiting Do DHL deliver on a Saturday?

Richard
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I don't believe so, I placed my order on Thursday so hopefully Monday/Tuesday I might get my CD come through.
timc
Occasional Visitor

If its any help, I ordered TTN2 on 1st April. From Tom Tom Mail order site I requested the full new product as I am not a user of TTN1.

I rang (April 1st) Tom Tom after placing the order to find out how long it would be before shipping. Tom Tom said that they are very busy with upgrades at the moment but a couple of days via DHL.

On Friday I rang as no package had arrived, perhaps I am too used to Amazon. Tom Tom then again repeated that they are very busy with upgrades. So I asked them how long I should expect to wait, especially as they had already charged my Credit Card. After checking, I guess with a manager, 5 working days was the answer.

I await with interest for Tuesday.

Tim

By the way, Tom Tom are quite helpful when you call, & speak very good english

Bluecan
Occasional Visitor

Members may be interested to know that on a recent visit to Dixons I noticed that TTN2 was available. This included the full package including GPS receiver. Obviously the Upgrade version was not available. Pity TomTom didn't come to some sort of deal with suppliers so that you could make the exchange of the original TTN1 disc locally and save the risc of discs going astray.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

It arrived at 10:30 today - but should I delay installing it until TomTom issue the next version? RichDem seems to be having a lot of problems with a setup similar to mine (iPAQ 3970 with TTN1 GPS or Emtac BTGPS). Although some time ago a decided not to upgrade the PocketPC ROM as I had heard of the problems others were experiencing.

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: