Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mem Requirements
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mem Requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Mem Requirements Reply with quote

I have just ordered TTN2 which is due to arrive on Thursday. Does anyone know how much memory is required in an Ipaq to hold all the UK maps. The details on Tomtom's site is a bit confusing. I am hoping to get a suitable CF card to hold all the UK on.

Thank's

Bob.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Mem Requirements Reply with quote

The entire GB Map for TTNav2 consumes 92MB so a 128MB would suffice if you don't require additional space but as ever the bigger the better
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

Brilliant, thank's.

It was the following that confused me from the Tomtom website.

Application

5 MB of free memory to install and 5 MB extra to run the application.

Maps

The maps are available in four sizes (depending on the region/country):

- Section maps of 16 MB

- Section maps of 32 MB

- Section maps of 64 MB

- The complete map of a region/country

So I thought there may be different versions/detailed versions of the maps to choose from.

Bob

Darren
Frequent Visitor

The 5Mb of memory refers to the application which needs to be installed to system RAM not storage card and the additional 5Mb is program memory for the app to run again not on the storage card.

As for the maps you can choose to install smaller sectional area maps of 16, 32 or 64Mb for your area of the country or the entire country map which for GB is 92MB.

Hope that clarifies things.
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

Clarifies perfectly thank's. Just looking forward to receiving it now to have a play with. Pity there isn't a demo version to have a go with. I would think it would be easy to produce, missing out the GPS routines and adding a simulated GPS instead.
harrinp1
Occasional Visitor

boblister can I enquire where you have ordered your TTN2 from as the date on mine seems to be slipping and I have no

firm delivery date.
xjt00
Occasional Visitor

The section map of South Britain is more than 62Mb. My 64 Mb SD Card has only got about 61Mb after formatting. I can gain a little capacity using different FAT type and cluster size but it still falls shourt of 62Mb.
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Just to say I installed TTN2 on to my Storage Card and it works fine the only aspect which would not install on to the Storage Card was the GPS aspect.

Harrinp1:

I ordered mine from Widget.co.uk on Sun 30th Mar and received it on 3rd April, despite the sales representative telling me I wouldn't receive it for another week, and they had to back order it :-S.

Hope this helps,

B
Darren
Frequent Visitor

alienrider, it (TTNav) has issues if you don't install the app and GPS Info applet to system memory. Only install maps to the storage card and you won't go far wrong.
alienrider
Occasional Visitor

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the headz up. I didn't realize there were issues with installing TTN2 onto a Storage Card . What were those issues ? I would love to know, as I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Thanks,

B
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

Quote: Originally posted by harrinp1 on 02 April 2003

boblister can I enquire where you have ordered your TTN2 from as the date on mine seems to be slipping and I have no

firm delivery date.

I ordered it from TotalPDA on 0800 0928928. Ordered Tuesday and it arrived yesterday. I was too late for Tuesdays post.

www.totalpda.co.uk

Bob.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: