Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Very slow site
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Very slow site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Very slow site Reply with quote

Hello Pocket GPS World

A couple of times in November, and a lot more in December and now in January 2005 I keep getting

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

If not that, the pages on the web site and forum are taking several minutes to load, it does not appear to be my ISP at fault with this slow loading as I can open a second browser window and try other sites and they still load in seconds.

I have tried closing my browser, clearing the cache and cookies and opening again but this makes no difference at all, seems to happen at any time of the day.

Regards

PocketGps
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are aware of some slow downs since Xmas, esp more in the afternoon when other countries like the US wake up. We've been getting a lot more people flocking to the site, and hack attacks have been hightened, so we're currently monitoring the situation.
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
We are aware of some slow downs since Xmas, esp more in the afternoon when other countries like the US wake up. We've been getting a lot more people flocking to the site, and hack attacks have been hightened, so we're currently monitoring the situation.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on the US slowdown. I posted on this on another forum I'm on, and some guy from the US took major offence "I will let America be blamed for the slow forum!!!!" etc etc.

Very funny :D
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another forum I belong to has experienced a number of DOS attacks in the last couple of weeks - is that the problem here?
Robin
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had DDOS attacks but then so has everyone. Much of the slow down is simply down to our success, we're a very popular site these days thanks to everyone who visits and asks or answers queries and at certain times of the day the strain shows.

We are aware of the issues and we are looking at solutions. It's great to see how this site has bloomed though, we're still a group of four gadget freaks who love the technology as much as our readers and aside from the occasional problems from partners who don't always get it we get a real kick out of running PocketGPSWorld. It's a shame we still have to work elsehwere to pay the bills though!

And whilst I'm grandstanding I should add that without the moderator team and the support of everyone else we'd be well and truly sunk!
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not surprised your site is heavily used - it's by far the best related to in-car GPS, and your safety camera database is a wonderful service. Please keep up the good work
Robin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: